IGNORED

The Jaufenpass

Miriam

karte.jpg

We just got back from a weeks riding in the Dolomites, Italy. Must the one of the best motorcycle locations on the planet. Nothing but curves, pretty good roads, stunning landscape.

It didn’t really work out with the mini DV cam on the bike, so I used a photo camera instead on a ram mount. Here’s a little bit of one of my favorite passes, the Jaufenpass. Going up, little over a minute and a half. POV from just behind my GS windscreen.

Looking for the image above I came across somebody else’s video, going down the Jaufenpass. Very different from mine. Better image quality, less speed, so you get a much better impression of the pass itself. Little longer also, about three and a half minutes.

Francois_Dumas

The Jauffen is nice, isn't it? I see the road suffers from a lot of 'frost bite' this year.....

Your video is a lot better than Nina's 'handheld' footage from our little photo camera wink.gif

How's Erik enjoying his new wheels ??

Steve - Maybe go for something like this (from the BMW site) and just join us in June or September on a tour.

Fly and Ride

As the European summer season draws to a close and all the children are back at school, it’s a great time to reclaim the traffic-free roads and discover new horizons on two wheels. An increasingly popular option for motorcyclists these days is to combine a test ride of their desired BMW motorcycle with a touring holiday in a new or favourite country.

Many BMW dealerships, as well as dedicated bike touring companies now offer BMW motorcycle rentals. This allows bikers to ‘fly and ride’, thus saving the time it would take to ride from their home country to their destination, as well as the inevitable ‘wear and tear ‘on their own machine. Here is a brief selection of some of the companies that currently offer BMW motorcycle rental.

Italy

Experience a unique Italian motorcycle holiday at your own pace and go exactly where you please. Renting a BMW with the Florence-based Stradanova company gives you the opportunity to explore the gorgeous Tuscan landscape without the restrictions of a day-by-day itinerary – you decide when, where, and how. You can ride by yourself or use one of the company’s friendly local tour leaders, who will guide you across the undulating Italian coastal roads, mountains and countryside, on asphalt or dirt tracks.

Participants can choose from BMW Motorrad’s GS range of motorcycles and prices start at €180 for one day, €1,000 per week or €500 for a weekend (Friday evening to Monday morning). These prices include 300 km per day (+0,10 for extra km), basic insurance, helmets, luggage and a map of Tuscany. For more details, please visit the www.stradanova.com website, call 00 39 055 0640 264 or email staff@stradanova.com and ask for information on the company’s special guided tours.

Germany

If you fancy attending this year’s Oktoberfest, experiencing a weekend trip through the Alps or a two-week motorcycle journey through Europe, the rental program offered by the BMW Motorrad Centre in Munich has the BMW model to suit your wishes. For example, a weekend (Friday to Monday) with the F 800 ST costs just 278 euros, or with the R 1200 GS it costs 318 euros. For awhole week only five daily rates are charged, and if you want to ride away for two weeks, then you’ll only pay for nine days rental. Almost the entire BMW motorcycle range is offered, so for further information call 00 49 89 35 35 65 83 or email muenchnerfreiheit@partner.bmw.de for a specific quotation.

Archived