IGNORED

1200gs

taters

just curious. the only bike i have ever ridden is my 04 1150rt. how does the 1200gs ride through the twisties? and also compared to the rt.thanks in advance taters

A 12GS will compare VERY favorably against an 1150RT. The GS with it's wider bars (greater leverage) and greater suspension travel makes for an amazing machine in the twisty stuff. The 1200 motor also revs very freely.... many would say more so than the 1150.

wrestleantares

I have ridden an 04 RT extensively, and have a 07 GS.

The GS is by far the better bike, IMO, on twisty roads. Even with the disadvantage of the Dual Sport Touring rubber I have on it now. It has turn in so smooth you just think about leaning and the bike goes over like a dream.

Nice power benefit from the big weight difference. High pegs makes the bike corner at ludicrous speeds even two-up. The bike just inspires confidence.

I have ridden an 04 RT extensively, and have a 07 GS.

The GS is by far the better bike, IMO, on twisty roads. Even with the disadvantage of the Dual Sport Touring rubber I have on it now. It has turn in so smooth you just think about leaning and the bike goes over like a dream.

Nice power benefit from the big weight difference. High pegs makes the bike corner at ludicrous speeds even two-up. The bike just inspires confidence.

+1

Having ridden both a bunch in the twisties, much of it 2-up, the R1200GS wins hands down.

Archived