IGNORED

A few of my UNrally pics

OoPEZoO

This was my first UNrally, but definitly won't be my last. I'm already counting out vacation days to see if I can pull it off next year.......its going to be a stretch, but I won't count myself out yet.

Overlook in the mountains on 39 between Goshen, VA and Marlinton, WV

UNrally_07-002_Print.jpg

Me on my bike at the vistors center near the gorge bridge

UNrally_07-021_Print.jpg

James standing around with his pants around his ankles (luckly, he didn't make a habit of it)

UNrally_07-019_Print.jpg

A group photo from the predinner "tech session" with Ken

UNrally_07-023_Print.jpg

A close up of Ken doing his thing......BTW Ken, it was very informative thumbsup.gif

UNrally_07-025_Print.jpg

The overlook at Hawks Nest

UNrally_07-030_Print.jpg

UNrally_07-041_Print.jpg

A coal train that was coming through while we were admiring the view from the overlook

UNrally_07-045_Print.jpg

I'm sure most of you rode past this waterfall at some point this week. We had to pull over farther up the road and walk back down to take a few pics

UNrally_07-052_Print.jpg

Group photo from dinner (Smokie's on the Gorge)

UNrally_07-062_Print.jpg

The bridge overlook at Smokie's

UNrally_07-066_Print.jpg

Group photo from the overlook at Smokie's

UNrally_07-071_Print.jpg

This was from a random pulloff on my way home Friday morning

UNrally_07-081_Print.jpg

Someone had built a bench there, so I decided to take a load off for a few minutes and enjoy the view

UNrally_07-084_Print.jpg

Another random pulloff to strech my legs and get a drink

UNrally_07-086_Print.jpg

This guy wanted me to take a picture of his dog (Baby). What he didn't know, was that I was really taking a picture of the duct tape that he painted over on the back of his truck lmao.gif. I love WV

UNrally_07-092_Print.jpg

Stopping by Seneca Rocks on my way home Friday. It was too hot to try and hike into the park for a batter shot

UNrally_07-099_Print.jpg

A creek bed outside of the visitors center at Seneca Rocks

UNrally_07-104_Print.jpg

A random pulloff picture that was taken because I was tired of following two WIDE LOAD trucks on 55 in WV

UNrally_07-107_Print.jpg

I stopped for a break in the shade somewhere in WV, got off my bike, took a drink, made a quick cell phone call, then looked down and saw this little guy laying in the grass just a few feet from me on the other side of a fence. I got a pic, but mommy cow wasn't far behind snorting with disapproval.

UNrally_07-111_Print.jpg

Final pic was from when Summit Point Raceway magicly appeared on my right hand side. I've been there twice, and still don't have a clue where it is grin.gif

UNrally_07-112_Print.jpg

Thats it for this trip.....I know I'm far from a photographer with my cheap little point a shoot camera, but I hope everyone enjoys the pics thumbsup.gif

I know Manhiem Twp well. They were one of my rival high schools when I was growing up (I graduated from Hempfield). Currently I live in Wrightsville, it is between York and Lancaster......right on the York side of the Susquehanna River. If you drive down my street and forget to make a right........you will get wet grin.gif

Are you the guy who bought Spike's old RT? If so we met at the gas station off US-19 on Rte 82, I believe, just before fasterpill got his flat tire.

Are you the guy who bought Spike's old RT? If so we met at the gas station off US-19 on Rte 82, I believe, just before fasterpill got his flat tire.

Yup, thats me wave.gif

If the Summit Point gate appeared on your right hand side you were heading towards Charles Town. You must have taken one helluva convoluted route from F-ville to PA.

If the Summit Point gate appeared on your right hand side you were heading towards Charles Town. You must have taken one helluva convoluted route from F-ville to PA.

Not really, I just didn't want to do any slab

I went North on 19

East on 41

North on 20

East on 15

North on 219

South/East on 250

North/East on 28

Stopped at Seneca Rocks

Went East on old 55 to 11 in VA

East on 277

Then North on a bunch of backroads via GPS that took me past Summit point and into Frederick, MD where I spent the night visiting with friends.

I left Fayetteville about 7:30am, and got into Frederick about 3:30pm. It was a really nice ride until someone turned on the heat lamp around 11:30......then it got hot!

Saturday morning I left Frederick, MD about 5:30am on 194 heading North East through Hanover, PA and was back home in Wrightsville, PA by 7:15am.

The weird thing about PA and WV is that there is NO GOOD WAY TO GO. You just can't get there from here. Mapquest and Google was telling me that it was a 6+ hour slab ride......I figured I faired pretty well.

UNrally_07-023_Print.jpg

Today's agenda:

1. Charcoal cannister removal - Get rid of that thing before your fuel tank implodes!

2. Catalytic converter gutting procedure - Your transmission oil temperature will thank you.

3. Aftermarket exhaust installation - Quiet bikes are for weenies.

grin.gif

James standing around with his pants around his ankles (luckly, he didn't make a habit of it)

UNrally_07-019_Print.jpg

What? Are you CRAZY ... he ALWAYS stands around like that! crazy.gif
This was from a random pulloff on my way home Friday morning

UNrally_07-081_Print.jpg

Someone had built a bench there, so I decided to take a load off for a few minutes and enjoy the view

UNrally_07-084_Print.jpg

It was at this very pulloff on Rte 15 that we saw the log truck come around the curve in the wrong lane about 100 ft to the right of this shot. I was standing behind that bench when I flipped the trucker the bird!
Stopping by Seneca Rocks on my way home Friday. It was too hot to try and hike into the park for a batter shot

UNrally_07-099_Print.jpg

We must have taken the same route home only one day apart. We were here on Thursday.

Enjoyed your pics and your company! thumbsup.gif

Yup, thats me wave.gif

hey! that means i've sat on your bike! lmao.gif it was at Staunton, VA (Spike and Patti's UN in 05) and it was sitting on their trailer.

EDIT: nope...I sat on his DUCATI at the Un. Hmn. Ah well. tongue.gif

Keith,

Your bike has a lot of BMWRT.COM history. Originally it was sold by me (then salesman at Bob's BMW) to Spike, in the very early days of bmwrt.com. At about the same time I picked up my R1100RT and we became active in this forum thumbsup.gif

Keith,

Your bike has a lot of BMWRT.COM history. Originally it was sold by me (then salesman at Bob's BMW) to Spike, in the very early days of bmwrt.com. At about the same time I picked up my R1100RT and we became active in this forum thumbsup.gif

Thats what I was told when I bought it. Spike also informed me that I should stick around and use the forum because there are really good people here. He was definitly right on that one thumbsup.gif.

BTW Paul, Danielle says HI! wave.gif. When I got home, she specificly asked me if I ran into you at the UNrally. She was remembering a few of your stories you were telling over breakfast back at the MAYhem in Winchester.

Archived