IGNORED

Avon Storm Tires

Beembish

Lone_RT_rider

I have been using the previous version (45/46 combo) on just about all of our bikes here for years. They are great tires! I have a new 56 Storm ready to go on the RT. There are others here on this board that have run the Storms on the RT and reported on it. Do a search and see what you come up with. smile.gif

Shawn

I'll let you know soon. I have close to 1,000 on my Storm front and just installed the back. I am coming off a set of Azaros that I was very pleased with; app. 7,000 on the front and 8,000 from the rear. I have read the reports of front tire cupping problems on the Storm but so far so good, although it's early to tell.

I did a search on this forum: after reading about the terrible cupping and vibration that some have reported, I decided to go with the Perelli Diablo's. I had a pair of Pirelli Dragons on the 2000 RT and were the best tires I've used. Hoping the Diablos are as well.

I am thrilled with the Pirelli Diablos on my X-Moto. I am thinking they are too "sportbike" for an RT. I have worn 1/8" off the footpegs on my R1200RT getting the Avon AV46 (replaced by Storm) rear to the edge. Looks like the Diablos would still have "chicken strips". Thinking maybe the Diablo Strada? but is that the same shape as the Diablo? Tempting.........

I have a full set on my 1150rtp. the front tire has 8k miles on it as has cupped to one side and now has a terrible vibration, other than that there is still quite a bit of tread left. the rear tire has almost 11k miles on it and is almost down the the cord, and it has worn very flat in the center but overall worn very well. although these have great traction dry and wet, I will be switching back to the metzeler Z6 due to the front tire problems. I will also try the new road pilot 2 when they come out.

Archived