IGNORED

Just brought home a new GT.

Dietrich

Some time ago I did ask members of the board for some opinion on the new K1200GT. Got some good feedback. I saw many GTs in West Bend and liked what I saw.

A few weeks ago I came across an ad in the Quebec Bike Trader for a 2007 GT with only 300kms. It was sitting at a Mercedes dealer. After some dickering, being a car dealer myself, I bought the thing over the phone and the guy even threw in the shipping. The price was more than right. It took over three weeks to arrive. Fortunately I was away on vacation for most of that wait. So, it arrived this afternoon clap.gif and I just got back from my first ride. Holy makrel!! What a machine. The power is overwhelming at first. Handling is superb. The Xenons are bright allright. Wind protection is not as good as on my R1200RT, the helmet is a lot noisier but not too bothersome. Being a short guy (30 inseam) I actually am flat footed when seated in the low saddle position. I guess the saddle is narrower and the legs are more straight. The engine sound is of course totally different from the RT. Above 6000 rpm downright scary. Dispite the extra weight I find the bike quite nimble and easy to maneuver even at slow parking lot speeds. The riding position is a bit more forward leaning but not too bad. So, now I can't wait to get out over the weekend and see if I like the GT more than my RT. So far it looks pretty good.

How did you find a bike with only 300 kms, and at a Mercedes dealership?

Sounds like you now have the best of both worlds; enjoy.

Archived