IGNORED

MotoGP Misano

russell_bynum

russell_bynum

Melandri was quickest by quite a bit in the first practice.

The rest of the day was rained out. The armco barrier on the back straight was under water, the garages were flooded, and Valentino Rossi was seen roaming the Italian countryside gathering up a pair of every animal he could find. eek.gif

Pictures are from Superbike Planet

3.jpg

2.jpg

Practice resumes tomorrow morning if they can get the mud off the track in time.

Soo.....Obviously the first practice is not necessarily a good indicator of what's going to happen on race day, but Marco was substantially faster than the next rider...Rossi. Casey was back in 3rd, 2 10th's behind Vale.

Things should be interesting when they get back on track tomorrow. I'd love to see Melandri able to fight for a win at least once this season.

Well that run looks a little damp eek.gif

At least the weather forecast for the region looks like it should be clear over the rest of the weekend.

If Stoner is not already leading the pack we may have a race this weekend - I hope.

Andy

Casey is in whiner mode right now (Got your attention yet, Jerry!?) grin.gif, after a crash in practice:

[snip from quote in press release...can be found on Soup]

"...I'm not so impressed with the track, there are some points where it's very, very bumpy and also the circuit in some places is unbelievably slippery in the wet, it's similar to Donington and worse at some corners. It's not so easy to get a good feeling in the wet here but hopefully it will be dry tomorrow and then we should be able to understand it a little bit better"

[/snip]

...so perhaps he's a little daunted and won't run away with this thing.

But, more likely, he'll be faster than a spotted-butt ape again once the weather improves. smirk.gif

I'm thinking Stoner won't not win this one.

As a matter of fact, I'd rather see him let up a little on this track to be on the safe side, than to go all out and get hurt. He can afford to give up a few points right now without to much of a problem. thumbsup.gif

Remember ...... This is the place were Wayne Rainy ended his GP racing career when he was on top of the Championship points total that year and unfortunately, he's been in a wheelchair ever since that accident.

Casey is in whiner mode right now (Got your attention yet, Jerry!?) , after a crash in practice:

[snip from quote in press release...can be found on Soup]

"... the circuit in some places is unbelievably slippery in the wet, it's similar to Donington and worse at some corners. It's not so easy to get a good feeling in the wet here... "

[/snip]

Pictures are from Superbike Planet

3.jpg

Seems like a reasonable statement to me!

Casey is in whiner mode right now (Got your attention yet, Jerry!?) grin.gif, after a crash in practice:

I guess even when he's a WHINER ...... he can still beat all the other guys to the pole! lmao.gif

Not to worry ........... Your boy's going to win this one.

I don't know; Casey was fastest in the second practice and is on pole, so we'll see! (BTW, everyone knows the "whiner" comment was a joke...just have to get a rise out of my buddy Jerry! thumbsup.gif )

Archived