IGNORED

Harley options

MWS

For the last 3 weeks, my 04 KGT has been in the shop for a rear main seal replacement and to install Ohlins shocks.

So.... we have been riding two up on Lynn's Softtail Deluxe.

But, I did not know how many options her Softtail came with!

It's got an up and down shift indicater, GPS, turn signal notification, brake warning and speed sensitive suspension!

Geeze... I can't wait to get my low tech KGT back!

russell_bynum

turn signal notification, brake warning and speed sensitive suspension!

Can you tell us more about those features?

ShovelStrokeEd

I'm curious as well. Last time I rode a softail I could have sworn it didn't even have a suspension, at least in the rear. It wasn't as comfy as my '48 Panhead with the hard leather police seat.

"We're turning left..ooofff....at the light...ooofff....did you use the turn signal....oooff... down shift now...oooff....start braking now....ooofff"

I didn't say it had a good suspension, but I did have a verbal on every crease in the road!

So you're saying all of the listed features were part of an optional 1XXlb, 5'X tall module without any volume control. I have one of those too. Does you're require regular refueling with "Premium leaded" Starbucks coffee?

Although the modules have similar specifications, they all come from different manufacturers and seem to perform better on some models of motorcycles than others.

PS - nothing wrong with the 9Xlb 4'X modules or the 1XXlb 6'X modules... but be wary of using the 3XX+ modules or any height... they can cause suspenson damage on certain motorcycles.

Once I upped the preload in the shocks on the Deluxe it rides right as rain. Easy to ride most anywhere.

Best thing, the gen u wine motor company preload spanner (that also loosens the lock nut) was just 11.95 in stock at the dealer...

Strange, when I ride 2 up with my wife the bike always has the same options as your wife's, plus I get sore ribs. Must be a result of seating position.

Thanks Matt, I'll have to give it a try. It's rough enough at the controls, I can image how bad it is sitting on that hard, little pad over the rear tire.

Maybe that is were the volume control is!

Caution! You all need to be aware of a "loud whine" from the rear of the bike unless certain precautions are taken.

I suggest full face helmets and ear plugs.

Archived