IGNORED

All you Texans out there....

AZKomet

Thinking about a road trip to Houston In early october. Anyone have a favorite road that could bring me fromn Phx to Houston that avoids the slab??? And the weather, what can I expect that time of year? PM or email would be fine. Dave

If you need a place to crash....let me know....

Whip

US90 is avoiding I-10 and that is a good thing.

Side trips could include SH116/118 through/around the Davis Mtns. Fort Davis. US 67, Marfa to Presidio and SH 170 along the Rio Grande towards Big Bend Natl. Park. Back to 90 at Alpine or Marathon. Once through Del Rio to Brackettville, North on FM 674 to Rocksprings, SH 55 South to Barksdale, North on FM 335, East on SH 41 to South on FM 336 to Leakey. East on FM 337 to Medina. South on SH 16 towards San Antonio and back on US 90. This is some of the best riding in the state. After that you get out of the hill country and into the Gulf Coast Plain- BORING.

The weather should be pleasant as far as temperatures go. I would not expect any more than mid to upper 80's for highs, probably not that much. Rain/thunderstorms can be expected, but not the all day kind.

Enjoy it.

The Big Bend area is beautiful if you have the time. The Hill Country is nice too.

East of San Antonio you can head south to Victoria and ride along the coast/beach to Galveston then back North I've done this on the way to New Orleans.

Have fun!

Whip

Archived