IGNORED

Whats's the *coolest* fullface helmet made?

jaytee

no... not coolest, coolest! tongue.gif

I am used to wearing half-helmets on my 1700cc twin during the hot summer months here in SoCal, but with the new bike on the way Im thinging full-face all the tiem is probably going to be what happens.

So what's the coolest helmet on the market right now? I am looking at the Arai Corsair with their newish 'dry-cool' liner and copious amounts of vents, but $700 seems a bit steep (yowza!)...

Any ideas?

JT

PS: if this should be somewhere else please move me!

+1 on the Shoei X-11. It flows air like a bicycle helmet tongue.gif (well, almost) which also means that it's pretty loud helmet.

Last time I was helmet shopping I tried MANY different helmets on and tested the venting using an air hose (provided by the helmet store). There was no comparison between X-11 and any other full-face they had available.

--

Mikko

--

Mikko

I have an X-11 and a Corsair. I prefer the X-11 for hotter temps as it has better air flow and lower noise levels over the Corsair. Hope this helps

The wife and I just got x-11s from cycle gear fairly cheaply. We used their 10% off if open a credit card offer. I just got mine last night, and haven't ridden with it, but the airflow is why I chose it.

In the $400+ category, the Shoei X-11.

In the Sub-$400 category, the Scorpion EXO-700.

Both are great. But of the two, the X-11 flows a bit better.

i have a scorpion helmet and it has the best airflow of any helmet i've owned. my first lid was a HJC and while it looked great my head felt like it was in an oven when the temp was above 85. with the scorpion i can ride with the visor closed in 95+ degree temps and there's enough airflow to keep me comfortable. the scorpion only cost me 160 bucks and worth every penny.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
The Shoei RF-1000 is very cool also. Flows more air than any helmet I've tried.

I can only say that my RF 1000 flows much more air than my multi tech. I never worried too much about air flow until I moved to Tucson, so never paid much attention before.

The Shoei RF-1000 is very cool also. Flows more air than any helmet I've tried.

I think I can feel my hair moving inside the RF1000.

Ok, I went and tied on all these helmets yesterday, Impressions:

Arai corsair, well built, best feeling interior, the very top (not the browline or sides) squeezed my head like a suction cup - yeeouch.

Scorpion, a little cheap feeling, built like a Shoei, good vents, great price, fit odd. Just think it didnt fit my head well.

Suomy, wonderful design, massive air gaps in head foam, top notch paint, a bit pricey, clearly designed liek the Arai, fit very snug in the cheeks

Shoei x-11, fit best out-of-the-box, but I would worry about it getting loose quick once the liner broke in, nice vent design, decent paint, also very expensive, mediocre clarity through the face shield, store employees rave about it.

One of the employees had the Arai corsair, the Suomy, and the shoei (what are they paying these kids nowadays???). He said the shoei fit him best, but the suomy had the most airflow with the shoei next and the arai last. He also said the suomy was louder than the rest with the shoei second and the arai the quietest if you werent wearing earplugs.

I liek the Shoei best, but Im a little worried about how much the liner will compress. Anyone have any ideas?

JT

I have about 40,000 miles on mine....no issue.

You can replace the inside liner, add and subtract padding as you wish.

Good Luck.

I wore my new x-11 today

x11_lawson_tc1_le.jpg

and loved it. It flows well, is quite comfy and I like the shield. Once I get used to the differences in the peripheral vision from my TZ-II I'll be happy.

I wore my new x-11 today

x11_lawson_tc1_le.jpg

and loved it. It flows well, is quite comfy and I like the shield. Once I get used to the differences in the peripheral vision from my TZ-II I'll be happy.

Where did you get this bad-boy, and what did you end up paying for it, if you dont mind me asking.

JT

I had cycle gear special order it for me. They retailed it for $629 and I opened their credit card and got 10% off the first order. Since we were doing that, my wife got one too, and got this sweet looking rascal. Both lids plus a youth bucket for my son out the door for about $1300.

x11_kayagama_tc5.jpg

I had cycle gear special order it for me. They retailed it for $629 and I opened their credit card and got 10% off the first order. Since we were doing that, my wife got one too, and got this sweet looking rascal. Both lids plus a youth bucket for my son out the door for about $1300.

x11_kayagama_tc5.jpg

I like the looks of that pattern... Wouldnt mind a mix of grey/silver/blue either... I'll have to shop the varios colors/patterns or else I will jsut go solid silver,,,

JT

I have an X-11. If you want to take its coolness to another level wear a skull cap like this and you'll feel about twice the air flow as the cap compresses your hair and allows the air to truly blow through the helmet wicking away perspiration. Feels almost climate controlled. Also holds my ear plugs nice and snug, which cuts down on the noise caused by the ventilation: a win-win. thumbsup.gif

...you'll feel about twice the air flow as the cap compresses your hair and allows the air to truly blow through the helmet wicking away perspiration... thumbsup.gif

You are making an awfully big assumption there, buddy...

that I actually have any hair!!! blush.gif

What little I have lert is getting buzzed off regularly smirk.gif

Which leaves me looking like... welll...

this: crazy.gif

JT

Two comments on this thread...

1) Does anyone else object to manufacturers plastering their name all over their products? I figure they aren't paying be to be a billboard for them, so I don't have to advertise for them (see Shoei pictures above).

2) I have an HD do-rag that I wear under my helmet all the time. It keeps the helmet clean and occasionally I wear it without the helmet when I don't want to walk around with helmet-hair.

You are making an awfully big assumption there, buddy...

that I actually have any hair!!! blush.gif

What little I have lert is getting buzzed off regularly smirk.gif

Which leaves me looking like... welll...

this: crazy.gif

JT

lmao.gif Ops! You'll feel plenty of air without the beanie. tongue.gif

Archived