IGNORED

Bike Gel/Sheepskin Seat Covers

mellis1951

Has anyone tried one of those gel/sheepskin seat covers from American Motorcycle Specialties? I saw them at Sturgis and almost bought one. I'm still thinking of ordering one.

Their covers and pads are actually made by Travelcade/Saddleman. I've tried the gel pad without the sheepskin cover and didn't experience any change in comfort. An AirHawk would be a bit more expensive but I think the comfort would be much better.

I have the airhawk, on my rt1200, and i just make my frist 12 hours ridewith it. At frist i did not like it but when i can put the right amount of air was worth the price of it. What i like more of the air seat is that i get the last inch i was looking for in the seat height. I am 6.2.

Today i recived the alaskan sheepskin but i have not tryed yet. The air seat also help with a little more air circulation under your butts. I ride in the coast of mexico and they are very hot and huimid this thing help me a lot.

I use and Air hawk on a comfort seat RTP. Sometimes I use a recycled sheep skin from an old car seat cover on top of it. Be mindful that as the elevation increases the pressure in the 'Hawk goes up and it get tight. Without thinking about it your comfort is less at 11000 feet then it feels good when you go lower again.

The valve is easy to reach but inconvenient to modulate the pressure with your butt on it.

wave.gif

I,too, use an Airhawk. I couldn't afford a custom seat. Anything to get your butt off that stock torture seat. I'd like to test ride one of those fancy Russell day-long seats. Heard good things about the Alaskan sheepskin pad. Some folks don't like the Airhawk as it can give you a sense of being disconnected from the seat. I'm sort of used to it now.

Archived