IGNORED

aux mirrors

Has anybody mounted extra mirrors on thier fairing. Like a K1200GT or F800ST? I think I would perfer this over handle bar mounting

I stuck a couple of those small wedge shaped mirrors onto my existing mirrors, on the lower outside corners.

Now I can actually see what's behind me. grin.gif

Awesome results for little cash at any PepBoys, AutoZone, ect. thumbsup.gif

Sorry, I have no picture, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

I've got a 2004 R1150RT that I mounted a pair of RS mirrors to the handlebars. They were the round type exactly like the variety on my wife's R1150RS. They just mount into the holes near the fluid reservoirs on the handlebars. Took one trip with them, remove them, and sold them for what I paid for them ($50). Didn't like them after all. I found they didn't give me them expanded view I was looking for (traffic in the lanes to the right and left of me, blind spot, etc.) but what I got a lot of was GLARE. Glare from the sun and headlights behind me.

What I did instead was pick up a couple of small rectangular convex mirrors at the auto parts store (about 1"x2") and stuck them in the upper inside corner of my fairing mounted mirrors. All I could see in that corner before was my gloved hand anyway. Now I have a small but helpful view of the blind spot and lane area to my immediate right and left. You might experiment with position and mirror size and shape, but I'm convinced this is a better way to go. I've seen several people use a 1" or 1 1/2" round convex mirror in the lower outside corners with satisfactory results.

However, if you'd like to try the GT or RS mirrors for yourself, go for it. Many people like them. And if you don't, you can easily get your money back because someone is always looking for a used pair in good shape.

Ron

Archived