IGNORED

Need some help with seat position

PapaJ

Took the wife out for a nice 1.5 hour ride today. I had re-sync'd the throttles to try to eliminate the slight surge I was still getting at cruise throttle. Well, I succeeded in that endeavor. No more surge at cruise, 3rd and above. I was pretty happy, but the wife got off the bike and said she hates it. Said her legs hurt from using them to keep from sliding into my back. The bike has corbin seats and although I do have a few issues with the front seat, it's not "that bad" the Mrs. doesn't agree. Does anyone have any suggestions? I personally wouldn't mind lifting the front of the front seat about 1/4 inch but what can I do about the pillion? frown.gif

Jerry Johnston

I have the Corbin seats on mine and when I have a passenger (which is most of the time now) I put a sheep skin cover on which seems to help and also have a small round pillow (tootsie Rool shaped) to help support her lower back.

Pillion seats are my pillion's favorite sore subject. Pun intended! I don't think there is a lot you can do to salvage the stock pillion seat. BTDT. Aftermarket offers more options, at the moment we're using Corbins and she says it's the best of the I think 5 different brands of pillion seats we've tried. Not perfect, but the best. For her. But everyone's butt is different, so what works of one doesn't for another. That's what's so frustrating about seat shopping.

Archived