IGNORED

Tires don't last as long as they used to...

OlGeezer

I just replaced both. The rear lasted only 66 days, even though I "got religeon" about air pressure and got more mileage on this tire than I have with any other Z6 I've used. Maybe I'll do better on the new ME880s. Maybe I'll even get 3 months.

I just replaced both. The rear lasted only 66 days, even though I "got religeon" about air pressure and got more mileage on this tire than I have with any other Z6 I've used. Maybe I'll do better on the new ME880s. Maybe I'll even get 3 months.

OK Bill, I know you are not complaining. grin.gif

But since you are bragging........ Go Ahead ...... Tell us how many miles you rode in those few days. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

OK Bill, I know you are not complaining. grin.gif

But since you are bragging........ Go Ahead ...... Tell us how many miles you rode in those few days. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Me brag? Naw. wave.gif

But, since you asked, the tire had 8,305 miles on it, a personal best on a Z6 rear tire. Of course, I haven't ridden all week, so the 66 days is a "soft" number. grin.gif

BTW, that's 7 tires in the past 12 months and tire #22 and #23 for this bike. Yikes!

The tyre business must be a good business to be in. What other consumer product could survive promising buyers that the more they pay the less time their product will last !!

Shucks, I only gots 2000 miles on a new BStone 021...had a nail then a plug failure. What we need is a good concrete high milage tire that rides well. And looks good in the rain lmao.giflmao.gif!

I can sympothize with your problem .I used to get 2 yrs out of a set of tires on my old Honda Shadow, now with my RT I barely get 3 months .Dave grin.gif

Paul Mihalka

Me brag? Naw. wave.gif

But, since you asked, the tire had 8,305 miles on it, a personal best on a Z6 rear tire. Of course, I haven't ridden all week, so the 66 days is a "soft" number. grin.gif

BTW, that's 7 tires in the past 12 months and tire #22 and #23 for this bike. Yikes!

thumbsup.gif That's one of the reasons I work in a bike shop. Get the tires cheap and mounted free grin.gif
That's one of the reasons I work in a bike shop. Get the tires cheap and mounted free grin.gif

That's why I had to stop working in the pizza joint.

grin.gif

If I worked at a bike shop, I wouldn't take home any money at all.

Archived