IGNORED

Extended Service Contracts, will they mess with you?

kinchy

You do your own service. You have a problem thats unrelated to fluid changes and valve/TB adjustments. Will any problem be associated with the owner doing the service thus leading to a showdown?

Kinchy, find that service contract that proves you have the ext. warranty; then get out your magnifying glass and a strong light, then turn it over and try reading the very faded, very fine print on the back. At least this was MY introduction to the Yamaha ext. warranty for my FJR1300. Unless it specifically states that all maintenance must be done at a dealer, you are fine doing it yourself. Of course, if something breaks as a result of doing it yourself, and it's obvious, you'll have no one else to fall back on. FYI, I declined mine simply because it was so restrictive that I had trouble finding something it would actually cover. "Normal wear & tear" items suddenly took on a whole new meaning on the ext. warranty, much different than the OEM's original warranty. Good luck! lurker.gif

You do your own service. You have a problem thats unrelated to fluid changes and valve/TB adjustments. Will any problem be associated with the owner doing the service thus leading to a showdown?
There normally is no problem. IMO, allot depends on how the repair is presented to the insurer by the dealership. Most dealerships will want to sell the repair to the insurer since the dealership will be doing the repair work.

Archived