IGNORED

Boot socks, slippery and cool?

Sailorlite

Pulling on my basic leather Alpinestar boots over my basic cotton socks is something of a struggle for me. Are there any modern socks which are both slippery for boot-on and cool to wear (wicking or otherwise)?

Aerostitch sells a lot of riding gear including socks. Check there. They might have a "Polypro" type sock that knows for wicking. It's basically a soft polyester weave. The other option might be a silk blended fabric.

Aerstich- I have two pair of these (gray medium weight) and find them to be great to wear with riding boots. Wick moisture and keep me comfortable regardless of the temperatures. The cushion under foot makes them better walking boots as well- Highly Recommended!

I wear nylon knee dress socks. A little pricey cause they got that name on them. Walmart, about $3-4 a pair. They do all the things the pricey ones do. clap.gif

I actually hate to say this.. but...

+1 for the Walmart socks,

I actually bought some tall diabetic socks from Walmart, they are surprisingly comfortable.

Yeeha! Stephen
In the summer I wear the thin liner-socks that skiers wear under their regular socks. They are knee-length and very light.

+1

Except I don't get the knee length, I get the shorter ones.

Fox River brand are $8.99 for 3 pair.

I've got some Thorlo ski socks around so, I've been trying them out. They seem to work fairly well, but I haven't spent more than about 9 hours in them.

+1 for the diabetic socks, especially if the fit of your boot is somewhat tight (like mine). Otherwise, spring for some good non-cotton socks. The non-cotton dress socks are OK for me, as they are also thin, but a little on the short side for my Oxtar boots.

By the way, the red boots you see on my avatar on the right are not my riding boots..... eek.gif

Archived