IGNORED

"oil" not again!!

notacop

So, you have a Beemer and it uses oil? Get over it, they do that. Went to Montana, rode slow sometmes, rode fast sometimes. Oil and Filter change at the before the start. Filled to the top of the site glass, plastic. That's where 4 quarts and a filter out it.

Now with 2761 miles showing on the GPS it sits on 1/2 of the site glass or on the red dot thingy.

What do it all mean? Means go like stink and don't worry about it. Oh,that includes running in 100+ degree weather part of the time and up to 10K footamoondos at the top of some mountains. I'll do an oil change in 300 miles.

Now if someone could just explain the interval for fuel pump and filter replacement I'd appreciate it

I have 112000 on the RTP and haven't changed Jack since 63000 miles. Do I ride it into the ground or is there some compelling benefit to interval maintenance? dopeslap.gif

Anxiously awaiting your knowlegeable responses. wave.gif

Well, they are called "oilheads".

FWIW, some owners report no usage, others report considerable usage. Very few owners report usage as high as the official BMW "normal" usage.

Riding at high speeds and commuting I get about 2500 miles/quart. On a recent long trip of mostly back roads and relatively low speeds and rpms I used a little over a quart in 7500 miles.

Re the fuel filter: Why ride it into the ground or wait until you are stranded - change it.

peter '73 R75/5, '04 R1150RA

Yah know, them Fram oiol filter threads aren't all smoke and BS. I got a case of what was marked Fram from a friends auto shop. 2 actually. One for the R65LS and one for my78 /7. I experienced collaps failures from both. Now I got them cheap and it was several years ago. So now I just dealer filters and use the O ring and crush washers that came with them.

And that ain't no loose talk. lmao.gif

Yah know, them Fram oiol filter threads aren't all smoke and BS. I got a case of what was marked Fram from a friends auto shop. 2 actually. One for the R65LS and one for my78 /7. I experienced collaps failures from both. Now I got them cheap and it was several years ago. So now I just dealer filters and use the O ring and crush washers that came with them.

And that ain't no loose talk. lmao.gif

What ever works for you is what you should do. wave.gif

Archived