IGNORED

Is this a BMW tool set?

upflying

Yeah, that's the tool set. I wouldn't give $2 for it though, let alone $20.

ISFA the engine it looks like its got two leaky head gaskets and is missing a lot of stuff. Basically just the block and heads are there. Far from a "complete engine" as listed. The rust on the clutch pack and more importantly engine to transmission mounting stud and other spots leads me to believe this is far from a "fresh teardown." This thing has been setting for awhile.

Overall I'd say - avoid.

Tool kit is nothing like the ones that came in my early R1100RT's. From the tools to the tool carrier, the grey screwdriver about all that looks like original BMW from my RT tool kits,(one from my 96 and the one from my current RT). No reason to think a model year between them would be different.

Looks like the exhaust system has a lot more than 1.2k.

Check out all the items up for sell.

Interesting that most of the bike is up for sale from this 1100RT with a claimed 1.2k but the speedometer/odometer is not..... Ummmm.

That is no BMW tool kit, it is a tool kit that comes with a Police Kawasaki Z1000. I had a few of them over the years, plus if you look at the wrenches they are in even numbers for metric and most BMW use 13 15 etc.

Its a no brainer the guy is ripping you off. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

John Bentall

The seller says its an OEM set of tools but not from which OEM brand.

He says the tools were removed from an 1100RT with saying that they are the tools the bike was supplied with.

Lots of implications but no definitive statements - clever!

Looks like the tool kits that came with the old airheads.

No way ! Old airheads came with a 40 something piece set of impressive in their cast quality tools. The set depicted here on e-bay smacks of a Niponese origin.

Wooster who wishes oilheads came with airhead tool sets

Interesting that most of the bike is up for sale from this 1100RT with a claimed 1.2k but the speedometer/odometer is not..... Ummmm.

Except for the frame and speedo, the entire bike is being parted out. The lack of obvious crash damage on the remaining parts makes me wonder why someone would part out an intact and perfectly good "1200 mile" motorcycle. Is an old low mileage RT worth more in parts?

Except for the frame and speedo, the entire bike is being parted out. The lack of obvious crash damage on the remaining parts makes me wonder why someone would part out an intact and perfectly good "1200 mile" motorcycle. Is an old low mileage RT worth more in parts?

Currently the parts have bids totalling $1225. Likely to go higher. Many items as of yet have no bids.

Very interesting.... No fuel tank, no inner cockpit plastic pieces. no front seat...

Jerry Johnston

Here's what came with my 96 R1100rt. I also have a kit from my 1st r100 airhead but unforunately it's in the wifes car. As near as I can remember it looked similar except it had four ? open end wrenches.

R1100rt.jpg

R1100rt-2.jpg

The engine also for sale. Seems like a lot of grease and dirt on it for 1200 mi. What do you think?
I think that engine has a lot more than 1200 miles on it... looks like he left about two zeros off of that figure. crazy.gif
Jim VonBaden
The engine also for sale. Seems like a lot of grease and dirt on it for 1200 mi. What do you think?
I think that engine has a lot more than 1200 miles on it... looks like he left about two zeros off of that figure. crazy.gif

That's what I was thinking.

Jim cool.gif

Here's what came with my 96 R1100rt. I also have a kit from my 1st r100 airhead but unforunately it's in the wifes car. As near as I can remember it looked similar except it had four ? open end wrenches.

R1100rt.jpg

R1100rt-2.jpg

Yep, that's the kit from my '96 as well. In addition, I have the allen key assortment. The OP was looking at what I think is a Honda tool set. There's no way that plug socket is going to fit down in there....

R1100rt.jpg

R1100rt-2.jpg

I thought the purple ribbon was added by the PO of my bike. It looks just like yours! Factory issue?

I don't think the clear handle screwdriver is factory issue.

Jerry Johnston

My apologies Johnathan you were right the airheads came with a much larger tool kit than the oilheads.

Bud, the clear screw driver WAS something I had added to the kit and also carry another kit that has some allen wrenches in it.

R100rt-Tools.jpg

R100rt-Tools2.jpg

Archived