IGNORED

BMW Motorcycle Rider Training @ BMW Performance Center

Mike05

This may be "old news" to many but it's new to me.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/etc/utils.jsp?t=news

My understanding is this facility, near Spartanburg, South Carolina will begin one &/or two day training for both On-Road & Off-Road Riders beginning September, '07. (The above web address has some down-loadable brochures that provide more detail, including phone numbers & dates).

"Long Way Down", here I come!! smile.gif

Anyone ever take a course like this?

Thought I'd share...

This may be "old news" to many but it's new to me.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/etc/utils.jsp?t=news

My understanding is this facility, near Spartanburg, South Carolina will begin one &/or two day training for both On-Road & Off-Road Riders beginning September, '07. (The above web address has some down-loadable brochures that provide more detail, including phone numbers & dates).

"Long Way Down", here I come!! smile.gif

Anyone ever take a course like this?

Thought I'd share...

I'm there, just as soon as I can anti up the BMW price!

Do they charge extra if I ride it 2-up since that's how I ride about 80% of the time?

I'm not sure I'd want ot do something like that on my own motorcycle. I'd be PO if I dropped it trying some challenging low speed manuever.

I talked to them at the RA rally in Asheville, they said they would knock off about 75$ if you rode your own bike, but you are responsible for what happens. Ride their bike, and you bounce it, they bring out another one. Well worth the extra

I dont know about 2 up riding though.

I'm there, just as soon as I can anti up the BMW price!

+1

You can rent 12 GS or 650 GS. It ends up more than doubling the cost of the class though. I have an RTP with crash bars. Need I say any more?

The course protocol was set-up by very experienced senior MSF instructors. I don't think it should be viewed as a substitute for MSF training. It is additional training to make us better riders both on and off-road. No - I don't work for BMW or the instructor cadre on-site. The facilities around there are great and if you can combine a tour of the BMW plant it is well worth the effort.

Archived