IGNORED

Canada insurance

John Ferris

This is for us going into Canada.

Every year when I go into Canada I call my insurance agent and he sends me a "Canada Non Resident Inter Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card".

I called my insurance agent today and the girl who answered said that as of last month we do not need them anymore. You just use the same insurance card that you use in the US.

I had my doubts but I called the DMV in Vancover, BC they said I don't need the additional Canadian card.

I still have my doubts, is it true ?

Are you sure? confused.gif

Aluminum_Butt

From the US State Department website:

Proof of auto insurance is required. U.S. auto insurance is accepted as long as an individual is a visitor in Canada. U.S. insurance firms will issue a Canadian insurance card, which should be obtained and carried prior to driving into Canada.

Every year when I go into Canada I call my insurance agent and he sends me a "Canada Non Resident Inter Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card".

I called my insurance agent today and the girl who answered said that as of last month we do not need them anymore. You just use the same insurance card that you use in the US.

I had my doubts but I called the DMV in Vancover, BC they said I don't need the additional Canadian card.

We had to show ours (State Farm) in early July when we crossed (along with Passports)....Why not just play it safe and tell your insurance agent to get one for you? confused.gif

Phil...........Redbrick

Just got one from my ins. co. for our trip up to Nova Scotia after the UNRally, no mention was made of a requirement change. As mentioned, I'd get one just to be sure. They're free.

Archived