IGNORED

So it's only kind of unrally related (packing)

ittech

But I need to know in case I need to do something different. blush.gif

Can I put 21 lbs into my givi 46L topcase on the K75RT?

BMW says 11 lbs max but it may just be for "center of gravity" or something silly. dopeslap.gif

I know that weight is OK for the sidecase however it doesn't physically fit in the sidecase.

Thanks! (and see you there!)

My Mum likes her spuds, so every time I go to Ireland I bring her a 10 kilo bag of potatoes in my givi top box, which I think is over 21 lbs. I seem to have no problems, yet grin.gif

Steve

Not to mention all the pictures I've seen of a givi full of ice/beer. clap.gif

That's pretty much spot on to my camera backpack all loaded up. blush.gif

I just found all the crap I usually have taken in my topcase and put it all in a box and weighed it... 16 lbs so I think I should be ok smile.gif

Hey Russell! Are you sure it doesn't say 11 Kilos? I seem to remember the weight rating of the rear rack (in general) was 25 pounds which would be close to 11Kg. wave.gif

Paul Mihalka

I think it is 5 kilos/11 lbs. It is there so if you fall over with 11.5lbs in the trunk you can't sue them.

It will be good to see you again, Russell! Those K75 bikes sure keep on going...

I think it is 5 kilos/11 lbs. It is there so if you fall over with 11.5lbs in the trunk you can't sue them.

It will be good to see you again, Russell! Those K75 bikes sure keep on going...

I'm probably just going to give it a try, after making sure my insurance is paid up... Something tells me a detached topcase sliding down the road at 75 isn't covered under any warranty plan. I guess that's the worst that could happen excepting it also breaking the mounting points on the tail section.

the bike's been a workhorse for sure... And now it's even got a custom k75RT mount for GPS/V1... smile.gif I just can't justify replacing it with a new KGT... though I really want one. I have too many expensive hobbies anyways.

Archived