IGNORED

Just wondering

markbc

How many people here up-shift without cluching in. I have a 1150RT that I just got, my previous bike I always up-shift without cluching. Is this ok for this bike?

Oh, I wanted to add, My last bike was a wet clutch, that is why I'm asking.

How many people here up-shift without cluching in. I have a 1150RT that I just got, my previous bike I always up-shift without cluching. Is this ok for this bike?

Oh, I wanted to add, My last bike was a wet clutch, that is why I'm asking.

Its rough on the gear dogs on any bike . Why not use the clutch ?Probably could get away with it for awhile, but I wouldn't want that bike when you are done with it . Dave

Thanks for the reply. No reason not to use the clutch, but the dry clutch seems more tempermental than just up-shifting to me, I mean I had to have it rev'ed up to make a smooth shift.. I rode the same year of bike in a GS (2002 same eng.) Still feels kind of clucky to me. Up-shifting seemed more smooth. I'm not down-shifting that way.

There's a few guys on this board who have put new trannys in their RT's, although I think the failures were not related to shifting without the clutch. They're not bullet proof.

Archived