IGNORED

BMW Police Web Site with EXTRAS!

kcscout

BMW Police Web Site

I posted this in another thread (the Police Donut one), but thought it was worthy of it's own. Hope the mods don't consider this a cross post.

In addition to all kinds of information about the RTP, this site includes detailed "How To" videos - both on riding and maintenance.

It's a site worth exploring. thumbsup.gif

normal disclaimer - no affiliation.

I think it's BS that RT-P gets a 39 month 60,000 mile warranty while I have to put up with a 36/30,000 warranty. I ended up buying an extended plan for $900 because I'm going to run out of miles before 3 years is up. Same engine, tranny, drive system why does the civilian population get a raw deal?

Because the people on this website will generally ride BMW's or similar motorcycles. BMW has to compete against Harley which is a completely different type of motorcycle.

When we compared the three (our department would have operated either Honda, Harley or BMW regardless of the brand) warranty was certainly taken into consideration and helped sway the vote. BMW wants very much to be competitive against Harley. Harley has the name, BMW the bike. Function over form.

I think it's BS that RT-P gets a 39 month 60,000 mile warranty while I have to put up with a 36/30,000 warranty. . . .
even the rt-p warranty has take a hit. on the 1150 rt-p it was 39 months unlimited miles.
I think it's BS that RT-P gets a 39 month 60,000 mile warranty while I have to put up with a 36/30,000 warranty. I ended up buying an extended plan for $900 because I'm going to run out of miles before 3 years is up. Same engine, tranny, drive system why does the civilian population get a raw deal?

Uh, let's see. You bought 1 and the police bought-shall we say, a few more.

Uh, let's see. You bought 1 and the police bought-shall we say, a few more.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Because they charge a lot more for the RT-P model. Trust me BMW has factored that extra warranty into the price.

And you believe that the extra costs associated with such a warranty aren't somehow present in the price of the police bike? Of course they are. No one is getting cheated here. Just like the "free" maintenance on BMW cars. It's not free. It's included in the price.

Archived