IGNORED

legs to short

cletus58

I found myself getting into positions that I cant touch the ground.I would like to know how much it would cost to lower a 1996R1100RT.I can do the work.I just need a guide line for the parts for the warden

Easy fix. Contact Works Performance Shocks and buy the ones that will lower the bike by 1". And if that isn't enough, buy a Sargent "Low" version seat, you shoud gain another 1".

Spending money for a new shock + install, and buying a new seat are not what many would consider easy fixes! There are some seat mods that can be tried first - scroll through some of the recent posts and you will find a thread on this subject. I too am vertically challenged in terms of inseam length but some of the suggestions, inexpensive to try, helped greatly. Good luck.

Easy fix. Contact Works Performance Shocks and buy the ones that will lower the bike by 1". And if that isn't enough, buy a Sargent "Low" version seat, you shoud gain another 1".
And don't forget to shorten the side stand. I ran into a guy last week who had this done and was tired of looking for holes in pavement. wink.gif
Spending money for a new shock + install, and buying a new seat are not what many would consider easy fixes! There are some seat mods that can be tried first - scroll through some of the recent posts and you will find a thread on this subject. I too am vertically challenged in terms of inseam length but some of the suggestions, inexpensive to try, helped greatly. Good luck.

I didn't say inexpensive. And tearing apart a seat is not easy. If you plan on keeping the bike get it done right. Most here replace the seat anyway. And most replace shocks with a better ones. Might as well bight the bullet and get the bike setup so you feel comfortable on it.

Archived