IGNORED

Nady Intercom system?

keithb

Any of you folks know anything about the NADY Intercom with FRS radio system? Is it a good intercom system? Thanks in advance for your reply.

If you buy a Nady, by the time you end up with the Autocom you should have bought in the first place, you will have spent a lot more than you had to.

Any of you folks know anything about the NADY Intercom with FRS radio system? Is it a good intercom system? Thanks in advance for your reply.

My experiences with NADY have been very poor. My experience with their after purchase support was very poor. In my opinion NADY is a very poor choice.

Did I say "very poor" enough times?

Don't do it! Nady Sucks Period! Been there done that! It has voice activation VOX but the road noise tiggers it which leaves the intercom always on. Even with full face helmets the noise is terrible over 50mph. Bike to bike is impossible above 35mph. The Nady ended up as going camping radio.

I have long ago switched to an autocom and I am very pleased with it.

Alan

I've used Nady systems in my car during track days with an race instructor sitting next to me. We spent the first 5 minutes trying to get them situated under our helmets properly. And back in the pit cool off area spent another 5 minutes gingerly removing them so as to not break anything. They were very fragile.

If we were lucky, they'd work half-a-day.

You get what you pay for.

Mike O

Hey Keith--just thought I'd weigh in too.

dopeslap.gifNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! dopeslap.gif

++What they ALL said. Go ahead, bite that bullet--you know what I'm talking about--you know you want one grin.gif

Bobbybob

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions. An acquaintance has one for sale and I know nothing about them. Again, thanks for keeping me from making a mistake. I will pass on it.

Yeah, I'll bet he does. Try and find a used Autocom for sale...not that its impossible--there are some earlier versions that folks are upgrading from. Maybe a deal for ya there Keith grin.gif

I really have no interest in an intercom system but the guy who bought my 04 RT has the NADY system for sale and I thought "what the heck may be a good opportunity to try one out". Based on the feedback I will not be buying this unit.

Keith,

If you don't need the "mixing" capabilities of the Autocom unit itself, Autocom has a B2B setup consisting of item #'s 1153, 1030, & 1454 for a total cost of $189. It is a radio wiring harness for a Kenwood or Icom radio (maybe some others), a headset/mic setup, and a push-to-talk switch. Plug it all together and you've got B2B. They used to have them packaged together as a "B2B kit" but I don't see it now so you may need to call them and inquire.

Bob

Thanks Bob for weighing in on the intercom stuff. As stated earlier I am not a big fan of intercoms but I thought, what the heck, if it was easy to install I might give it a go. I informed the owner that I was not interested in the unit anymore. Some people like the bike to bike communication, but me, not so much. I am partial to the solitude of "riding" when I am riding.

Archived