IGNORED

Any experience with Scorpion EXO-1000?

Davis

I have been told by two different outlets that they are not available yet. Introduction date has been pushed back twice. I too am very interested in the new 1000. In the meantime I bought one of the new Caberg's with the internal flip down shield. I don't like this helmet very much at all. It is by far the most noisy I have ever used. I actually sealed the top air intakes with clear silicone. I have to say the flip down shield is great!

They were introduced and sold out, most dealers are now have them on backorder waiting for production to catch up. At least that's what I've heard from several dealers and Scorpion. I was hoping there might be somebody with one of the first production runs to provide some input.

Actually, they have not been released yet. Initial orders have greatly outstripped the initial production run. If you want one, put your money down at your dealer now. Second production run won't be delivered until early 2008 (first one is due in Sept), so even if you don't like the helmet, you should be able to sell it for what you paid for it.

We are physically close to Scorpion and knew about the helmet well ahead of the Indianapolis Dealer Trade Show this past February, so we had our order in early (late in 2006). We will be receiving only about 20 of the 60 we ordered. I have deposits on 14 of them. No graphics, just solid colors (silver, gloss black). Interestingly, most of the deposits are from non-BMW riders whose dealers got their orders in AFTER the trade show and who won't be receiving their helmets until the 2008 delivery date.

russell_bynum

I don't have experience with the 1000 (since it isn't out yet), but my EXO-700 is my favorite helmet...and I've worn several models of Shoei, Arai, etc. The fact that it costs a fraction of what the "premium" brands cost is just icing on the cake. It's a very good helmet for the money.

I had the retractable sunshield on my Concept helmet and really liked that feature. It's much better/easier than carrying multiple face shields around with you and switching back and forth.

russell_bynum
Hey Russell,

Do you wear glasses? I'm curious as to whether the retractable visor impedes with glasses.

I do wear glasses. On my Concept flip-front, the retractable visor was not an issue. I don't know about the Scorpion since I haven't seen one in person yet.

Thanks for the clarification. Never thought that first run is sold out and we are starting the 2nd run wouldn't mean that they were sold and people were wearing them. I like the 700 I tried, but guess I'll have to put up with my old lid another month or two before seeing if I like the 1000 as well.

I always wear tinted or clear "safety" glasses with my helmets. They are not a factor with the Caberg's internal flip down shield.

Archived