IGNORED

Helping a friend.

Wyn

I have a buddy who's been wanting me to find him a nice RT. He said he wants one just like Nubb (my RT). It's his first bike. Perhaps I've tempted him for to long.

Anyway, found a 99 R1100RT, emreald green, just under 15K miles, motolites, new sneaks, BMW trunk, throttlemeister, bag liners, cylinder guards.

This bike is cherry. Under the seat is even clean. Not a mark on her. I took it for a ride. Tighter than a nats behind. I was really impressed.

The price is $8995.00. Thought's?

The price seems high, but probably worth it if it's as good as you say. If he doesn't keep it, he'll lose money on the resale. If he keeps it, it won't matter.

Think of it this way, he bought the bike for $5k, and added the accessories and got it refurbished for another $3k. There, now it's a bargain. wink.gif

That's a lot of moolah for an 8 year old sickle.

Take a look here.

Perhaps your friend could make a reasonable offer. Sounds like a great bike worthy of consideration.

BTW, you're obviously a bad influence. thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

It does seem a bit high. I did look at NADA but I think that's a tad low.

BTW it will be serviced. Mine had about 1K worth of work done on it. I know it may not need that much work done to it. However, the dealer assured me they would go over it with a fine tooth comb. Whatever that is. I usually pick the hairs out of my teeth.

Thanks, anyone else?

How much of a premium does the extremely low miles plus the new tires add on? At least a grand, doesn't it? Theres plenty of '99 RT's out there with 60K -100k miles on them, isn't there? And here's a nice one with just 15k, well-cared for miles. He still will need to drop his price, somewhat IMHO. Maybe in the $7500 range. Or do you guys think that price is even too expensive?

I bought my 2000 R1100RT a few months ago for $7,900.

Side cases (painted to match)

Top case (painted to match)

15k mileage

Throttlemeister

Case guards

EXTREMELY clean

Meticulously serviced

Comfort seat

Cover

Newer Metzler Z6 tires

Battery Tender

Gerbing Heated Gloves

Headlight Guard

Probably some extras in there, too. I knew the owner. I knew how he rode it and it was maintained. I probably paid a slight premium, but feel good about what I got considering the low miles/new tires and extras.

Gotta ask, considering the recent dialogue of "too much bike" is this really a wise first choice?

I might agree on the first bike part. However, he has ridden other bikes. He will take the MSF first. His young chicky has a 500 something riceburner which we will put some miles on during his training period. To wit I am his coach. I told him it would be a good idea to drop her bike first so he can get it out of his system before he puts any miles on his. lmao.gif

Thanks for the info. on price. Will contact leads provided by you guys and go from there.

Any other comments are well read and appreciated.

By way of comparison, I know of a black '98 RT with a throttlemeister, bar backs, new tires and 65k miles going for ~$6k. It would need a little work to be as tight as that trailer queen you found, but 3 grand buys a lot of polish.

By way of comparison, I know of a black '98 RT with a throttlemeister, bar backs, new tires and 65k miles going for ~$6k. It would need a little work to be as tight as that trailer queen you found, but 3 grand buys a lot of polish.

True, but I bought Nubb for 6495.00 98 RT with 14K on the clock. I'm sure there are more.

Wyn: Sound like you got a great deal on your bike. However, I think the price on the 1999 bike you are asking about for your friend is definitely high.

Sending you a PM on another bike.

Wyn: Sound like you got a great deal on your bike. However, I think the price on the 1999 bike you are asking about for your friend is definitely high.

Sending you a PM on another bike.

Thanks Barry, You've been emailed.

Steve_Witmer

I paid over $1,000 less for my '99 nearly 5 years ago -- from a dealer. Higher mileage, and without some of the options, but the price is pretty high, particularly for private sale.

Even with all the goodies, the bike should not sell for much more than about $7,500. And your friend will probably still want to replace the stock seat, so he needs to factor that in as well.

Remember, the riding season is coming to a close soon in some parts of the country, which will make it a buyers market come November.

Archived