IGNORED

passenger handles for R1100RT

strat

Are there any after market handles for passengers for this bike. My SO needs something to hang onto other than my shoulders when we're riding. it's dangerous and uncomfortable.

Thanks

Strat

#1 Get her hand's OFF your shoulders eek.gif..you are asking for problems having her ride this way.

Have you got a top box? That's the best thing for a pillion....put a nice backrest pad on it and you shouldn't have any more problems thumbsup.gif

I know it's dangerous and she does it only when she forgets as I've stated the danger to her. Yes we have a to case and a comfortable pad but she still wants some handles on the side to hold onto. I'm thinking I;ll have to make some and engineer a mount of some sort. Fortunately I have access to a complete metal shop with a computerized plasma cutter. So if nobody else has any resources for add on handles that will be the way to go I guess.

Thanks

Strat

russell_bynum
I know it's dangerous and she does it only when she forgets as I've stated the danger to her. Yes we have a to case and a comfortable pad but she still wants some handles on the side to hold onto. I'm thinking I;ll have to make some and engineer a mount of some sort. Fortunately I have access to a complete metal shop with a computerized plasma cutter. So if nobody else has any resources for add on handles that will be the way to go I guess.

Thanks

Strat

Lisa would reach behind her and hold onto the luggage rack.

Yeah, in fact I always assumed that those two 45-degree luggage rack uprights on either side were actually intended by BMW to be a stylized passenger grab handle.

I have only used it with our grandson, but a wide nylon strap around my waist seems to work really well for him. The one we use is about 2 inches wide with a fastex type buckle. We keep it just loose enough that he can wrap his hands all the way around it if he wants. My wife uses the grab rails built into the luggage rack. Neither one of them ride without the top case (with pad) installed.

Yeah, in fact I always assumed that those two 45-degree luggage rack uprights on either side were actually intended by BMW to be a stylized passenger grab handle.

+1, That's what my pillions use as grab rails.

Are there any after market handles for passengers for this bike. My SO needs something to hang onto other than my shoulders when we're riding. it's dangerous and uncomfortable.

Thanks

Strat

Same problem. Take a look at these from West Marine. Matched the finish of my stock side cases and flexed to fit flush with the surface. Very secure mounting. I used the black 10 inch.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p;classNum=null

Archived