IGNORED

137 MPH. late for work.

barncobob

"The man was in the county jail Tuesday awaiting arraignment on a charge of fleeing and eluding police."

Was he really fleeing and eluding police or just driving insanely fast? Kind of hard to tell the difference when chasing in 1 ton cage.

motorman587
Well he certainly didn't elude the police. They caught him!

Not Guilty!

So if LEO's chase the bad guy and then arrest them, it is not fleeing???? lmao.giflmao.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

I would wonder on that John.

Not that I would ever do such a thing (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) but, is it fleeing if he can truthfully state he never saw them coming? Is it evading for the same reason?

I have no doubt that a judge would laugh in his face just before bringing down the gavel and pronouncing him guilty on all charges but, he might never have known they were chasing him.

I'm pretty sure an RTP can't hit those speeds and I know the city police cars, at least in my neck of the woods, won't make that. If then, he had to slow down before they could catch him, how could that be classified as fleeing?

All of the above with tongue firmly in cheek. grin.gif

motorman587

All I got to say is you did not stop after X number of miles at 137 miles an hour etc..........lights and siren going behind the defendant. And you must state, "I did not see the cop", and let see who wins. I am sure a nice plea will be in the future. lmao.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.giflmao.giflmao.gifbncry.giflurker.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Man I love this state! lurker.gif

If it's the section of road I think it might be (M81 that runs from Saginaw into the thumb of MI) I commuted that road for 1.5 years in the mid 90's. 137 MPH just might make that road interesting. crazy.gifgrin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

All I got to say is you did not stop after X number of miles at 137 miles an hour etc..........lights and siren going behind the defendant. And you must state, "I did not see the cop", and let see who wins. I am sure a nice plea will be in the future. lmao.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.giflmao.giflmao.gifbncry.giflurker.gif

John, I’m sure the lights & siren were not going behind the defendant if he was doing 137mph.. Those Crown Vics aren’t up to that task..

If he was stopped by a single cop car (& it sounds like he was) then he elected to stop,, he didn’t get chased down by a single car..

Twisty

Well he certainly didn't elude the police. They caught him!

Not Guilty!

So if LEO's chase the bad guy and then arrest them, it is not fleeing???? lmao.giflmao.gif

Not enough evidence yay or nay in the article on the fleeing part, but clearly innocent of eluding!

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Passed my son who was going about 130 on his bike.. tongue.gif I was only going 150 or so at the time.. grin.gif he laughed about it when we stopped.. said he "thought his bike quit running" lmao.giflurker.gif

It's the attempt, not the outcome.

You can flee, and attempt to elude, get caught, or not.

You still fled with attempt to elude.

If you didn't know you were being pursued it doesn't matter. The police knew they were pursuing and they make the charges.

Must love his job. smirk.gif

If you didn't know you were being pursued it doesn't matter. The police knew they were pursuing and they make the charges.

Tallman speak'em true. DAMHIK!!! grin.gif

Tallman speak'em true. DAMHIK!!! grin.gif

Do tell, Matt.

lurker.gif

I'll tell everyone at the Crab Shack.

I'm just thankful I was a minor at the time....

Was she the sheriff's daughter??? eek.gif

Nice try, keep guessing.

Mind if I include that in the "truth" though? It makes it much more interesting... lmao.gif

Nice try, keep guessing.

Mind if I include that in the "truth" though? It makes it much more interesting... lmao.gif

thumbsup.gif
hmm...

sheriff's daughter.... crabs.... a pursuit...

aw hell, I don't wanna know!

The crabs were very, very fast in their pursuit though.... clap.gif

If it's the section of road I think it might be (M81 that runs from Saginaw into the thumb of MI) I commuted that road for 1.5 years in the mid 90's. 137 MPH just might make that road interesting.

Shawn

yeah, there's not many deer or other critters in that neck of the woods either. 137mph is probably pretty safe......if you're an idiot.

rpg

Lone_RT_rider
If it's the section of road I think it might be (M81 that runs from Saginaw into the thumb of MI) I commuted that road for 1.5 years in the mid 90's. 137 MPH just might make that road interesting.

Shawn

yeah, there's not many deer or other critters in that neck of the woods either. 137mph is probably pretty safe......if you're an idiot.

rpg

er....yah! ....idiot! crazy.gif ...er....I have never done that kind of speed on that road. Especially on my morning commute. And especially not on my 1987 FZR1000 with 150 hp. I would NEVER do such a thing! eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn (the idiot) grin.giflmao.gif

Archived