IGNORED

Ever want a bike, from our Classified section, so badly it hurt?

Effervescent

Effervescent

It's a new feeling for me. It's all I can think about.

The one I am drooling over is big bucks. I could pull it off...but it's more than I have ever spent on a bike. It's shiny and fancy. Me likey. I try to tell myself it's imperfect...as it doesn't have ABS...which I try to tell myself is a deal breaker.

I thought about it as I went to bed. And when I woke up today.

I find myself wanting to posting in the thread about how great a bike it is.

Ever feel that way about a bike for sale here?

-Eff

Yeeha! Stephen

YES!

I spied a Black 1100S for sale on the Two Wheeled Texans site one time. I just couldn't swing it.

Eric Foerster snapped it up. A little later he decided to sell it and go K-bike.

Good-God! I wanted that bike. But again, I just couldn't swing it. bncry.gif I even went as far as thinking about putting it on my MasterCard! eek.gif

hoon.jpg

Photo by eric foerster

Cooler head prevailed and I have lived to Lust another day. smirk.gif

baggerchris

I have never felt that way about a bike. One time only, many years ago I got that feeling over a girl. We were introduced and from that day forward, I couldn't eat; sleep or do much work. I had to work with her, and so I had to do my best to not let anyone, especially her know how I felt. Thank goodness she eventually took pity and married me. So, I do know how you are feeling. It's wonderful isn't it?

Hey Eff, yes it happened to me exactly 1 year ago. I was on the computer at home waiting for the airport shuttle bus to pick us up. We were heading to Maui. I saw in the classifieds an 04 RT beautiful blue, what to do? Sent a PM to the owner and off we went. A few more e-mails while in Maui, and when I got home I bought it.

It was a tough sell to the wife as I already had $20,000 worth of harley in the garage but in the long run she went along. Sold the harley 5 months later and never looked back.

Brother we ain't gettin' any younger, if you want it, buy it! thumbsup.gif

PS - don't forget the pictures.

I try to tell myself it's imperfect...as it doesn't have ABS...which I try to tell myself is a deal breaker.

-Eff

You eye-ballin' that Road Glide? cool.gif

I have not seen an 03-04 K12GT on here in awhile. I get that same itch, so I've purposely never test-driven one.

If it's the 12GS with 3400 miles on it that has your attention, stop it. I was lusting over it first tongue.gif. Trying to convince the wife that it's perfect for her is not going so well grin.gif.

roadscholar

Even before you posted the photo I knew which one (trust me grin.gif) because I was thinking the same thing, trying to rationalize and figure what had to go.

But I'm over it. Besides, that thing is you, whether it's that one or another one down the road, and believe me, there are more of them where that one came from. grin.gif

The answer to the question, yes, often. grin.gif

JerryMather

I've felt the same way twice............ that I can remember. I bought both of them within a months time of it happening to me.

The first time was with a '85 Harley Softail and the other one is my current 996 Ducati. Both have given me many miles of enjoyment and as much as I'd really like to own either a Aprilia RSV Factory Mille or a MV Augusta 1000, I still haven't felt the same way about them as I did before I bought the other two.

I have felt this way at times. The first was when I was looking at a used Honda 90 at Sears (yes, Sears sold Honda in Canada in 1966). I did manage to buy it with a lot of help from my parents. Next was a Honda 300 Dream - I wanted it so bad it hurt. Never did get it. While I have had many lustful episodes since then, the emotions were not quite as intense.

I've owned every bike I ever wanted. I'm not rich by any means but I've been self employed for 40 years and have just had to generate more income to afford what I've wanted. Sometimes that's easier said than done but it's been a fortunate life so far.

My real lust has been for the MV Agusta F4. This is lust on a biblical level. Several of the deadliest sins and many of the 10 commandments could be broken to obtain one of these bikes.

I have to get a grip. I already have three bikes and I'm 57. A 57 year old with a toy like that?

I'd have to buy the MV logo leathers and some kind of Italian Tricolor helmet to fit the look, after all, it's just the look. I could look at myself in store windows when stopped at the lights...

My friend has one for sale in perfect condition...

I have to stop myself. But how?

Linz

cool.gif

JerryMather
I have to stop myself. But how?

You only get to go around once, IMO .......... and 57 isn't told old to own the most beautiful sportbike that has even been made. So, just buy it and when you think it's too much for you ........ use it as a trophy in the corner of your living room. You deserve it! thumbsup.gif

Yes, most recently two weeks ago when I bought this...

tbs.jpg

What's weird is I didn't have that feeling towards this bike in particular. I've had that funny feeling about Triumph T-Birds for a while now - a yearning that was stoked by touring the Hinckley, UK factory in April. Going to see this bike, I was convinced I wasn't going to buy it. It was too far from stock. The seller was desperate though, so I got a steal. No regrets.

Archived