IGNORED

I just don't get it.

steve.foote

steve.foote

I may be old and out of date, but I don't get the whole "preaching what others should be doing" thing. I have spent a few years hanging around here and keep seeing a handful of folks who think they have the market cornered on what is right, and seem to have no problem telling everyone about it.

Will someone explain this preaching thing to me. confused.gif

I may be old and out of date, but I don't get the whole "preaching what others should be doing" thing. I have spent a few years hanging around here and keep seeing a handful of folks who think they have the market cornered on what is right, and seem to have no problem telling everyone about it.

Preaching is in the ear of the beholder.

I'd say there are a few of us around that have gone to the school of hard knox and care enough about others to not want them to go to that school.

Call me what you will.

The Bible never said you can't sin. It just tells you what happens when you do.

Calvin  (no socks)

What did I miss....

What are you selling...

Is this a tire thread in disguise?

I run my pressures at 2 psi over the recommended max to gain cornering clearance and longer tire life... dopeslap.gif

so who's the "handful of folks"???

cmon, lets get this out in the open, we all need some counseling once in a while...and you can preach to us.

then I'll get a haircut and leave town. dopeslap.gif

That's the whole problem with asking a question.... someone is bound to give an answer.

I think that most are just trying to help,even if some do come across as a bunch of "smarty pantses" grin.gif

steve.foote

I'd say there are a few of us around that have gone to the school of hard knox and care enough about others to not want them to go to that school.

If that were true, you would have told us about how you approached those you mentioned in your original post and tried to persuade them to see the light. In other words, you passed on the opportunity to possibly "save" someone, yet felt compelled enough to make your lofty point here. I doubt there are very many beanie-cap/high-heeled/shorts-clad passengers here.

The Bible never said you can't sin.

Actually, it does. But, that's a topic for a different thread.

steve.foote
What did I miss....

What are you selling...

Is this a tire thread in disguise?

I run my pressures at 2 psi over the recommended max to gain cornering clearance and longer tire life... dopeslap.gif

I'll deal with you later, Mr. No Socks.

Get your checkbook ready. tongue.gif

I may be old and out of date, but I don't get the...

Gee Steve, I thought this was the thread about not getting the buxom black leather biker babe. I was all set to make some snide remark about not getting any when I bump into your more ethereal query. Can't think of any thing clever so here's my take on your question, namely, imposing one's values on others makes life a little less lonely (not that there's anything wrong with being lonely, after all it gives you something to do when you're by yourself).

Wooster wondering where the buxom black leather biker babe went

Oh yah, candlemakers have an easy schedule; they only work on the wick ends

steve.foote
I may be old and out of date, but I don't get the...

Gee Steve, I thought this was the thread about not getting the buxom black leather biker babe. I was all set to make some snide remark about not getting any when I bump into your more ethereal query. Can't think of any thing clever so here's my take on your question, namely, imposing one's values on others makes life a little less lonely (not that there's anything wrong with being lonely, after all it gives you something to do when you're by yourself).

Wooster wondering where the buxom black leather biker babe went

LOL! That's pretty good, Wooster. grin.gif

harleyjohn45

i think all this preaching has been brought on by the news media. case in point, now the media wants to rebuild every bridge in america.

Call me what you will.

So, lemme see . . .

I'm 61 years old, buried my father young, raised three kids, got divorced by my first wife for no reason I ever figured out, spent 32 years carrying a badge and gun, started riding 36 years ago (and thousands of miles sincesans helmet, saw Bill Clinton elected TWICE! etc, etc, etc.

Sonny, I've had my own hard knocks, many of which I don't mention. I'm sure you've had yours, some of which I might even profit from. When I think so, I'll ask you. Until then, just leave me alone.

Pilgrim

Mom....

Dad....

Please stop fighting....

w O W...looked who stepped up from the back pew...Good to hear from you Tommah..! wave.gif I wondered how you were doin'.. thumbsup.gif

Call me what you will.

So, lemme see . . .

I'm 61 years old, buried my father young, raised three kids, got divorced by my first wife for no reason I ever figured out, spent 32 years carrying a badge and gun, started riding 36 years ago (and thousands of miles sincesans helmet, saw Bill Clinton elected TWICE! etc, etc, etc.

Sonny, I've had my own hard knocks, many of which I don't mention. I'm sure you've had yours, some of which I might even profit from. When I think so, I'll ask you. Until then, just leave me alone.

Pilgrim

WOW! Won't be bringin that up anymore! eek.gif

Les is more

When the day comes that people stop expressing opinions about what other people do, I'll be looking around wondering where human nature went.

That includes preaching about other people preaching! lmao.gifwave.gif

Archived