IGNORED

Keeping secrets about Christmas in August!

AZKomet

Well today was one of those days I got an itch and a new green 08 KLR 650 made it go away...(for now) as I have been wanting one since I had spoken to others on the site that had bought one. It was a tuff decision to make b/c I wanted a DL 1000 but couldn't get a straight answer about 08 and beyond production. So, the KLR it was!!!

And speaking of that I have not told the Mrs.!!!!!! The dealer will deliver it Sat A.M. while the Mrs. is getting her nails done. So for those who know her please don't tell her!! I thought I would share my excitement with you "boys" first!! Oh yes girls too! And I thought that since I was being overly selfish and did not have flowers or the like for the Mrs., I bought her a new Breitling Starliner Windrider tonight and presented it at dinner. She had been eyeing one for months, so, being the nice guy I am I sprung for it. She LOVES it. Maybe I'll have less brusies on Saturday when the KLR arrives!

Hmmm...Maybe you can tell her the Jeweler was offering a "Special". "Buy a watch and get a Dual Sport Motorcycle too!" Might save you a few bruises.

thumbsup.gif

Lets_Play_Two
I bought her a new Breitling Starliner Windrider tonight and presented it at dinner. She had been eyeing one for months, so, being the nice guy I am I sprung for it. She LOVES it. Maybe I'll have less brusies on Saturday when the KLR arrives!

For your sake I hope it was the diamond version!! thumbsup.gif

If she knows you, then she's already assuming the watch was to beg forgiveness for something.... tongue.gif

My wife is like the greatest..it really won't be an issue. I treat her very well and she does the same. I just don't always tell her about m/c, guns, watches (for me) trips to here and there....she is a fine woman that probably deserves a bike of her own one day!! Hmmmm.....

My wife is pretty conservative on spending money, but she was actually pretty cool with the idea of trading in 2 bikes to get 1 new one. Keep in mind this is my 3rd new bike in 3 years. I had to promise to keep this one for 5 years until it's paid off.

I think she also knows she's getting to choose the replacement for her car when the lease it up.

I think the agreement also had a clause in it about some jewelry as well... but I was thinking about the new bike at that point and didn't really hear what she said.

Well today was one of those days I got an itch and a new green 08 KLR 650 made it go away...(for now) as I have been wanting one since I had spoken to others on the site that had bought one...... Maybe I'll have less brusies on Saturday when the KLR arrives!

I really like my '08 KLR. It's a lot nicer than the 1999 I had. It'll be a nice companion for your RT.

This picture was taken a couple days ago aroubd Dolly Sods, WV.

IMG_1706.jpg

Lets_Play_Two

"I had to promise to keep this one for 5 years until it's paid off."

A well worn phase in my business "I promise"....again!!! grin.gif

We'll probably start having kids within the next 5 years... so I think it was a safe promise. Actually getting a new bike might be an argument to be able to keep riding. Gee... I can't really sell it, I still owe too much on it, so I might as well keep it.

That is my idea of uses for the KLR...I am building a cabin in Heber AZ and the KLR will fit nicely up there!!!

Wow, I knew I work in the wrong state..you guys out west, man you got it licked...20 and out..and got money to burn!

Really, congrats on your new toy and cabin.

That is my idea of uses for the KLR...I am building a cabin in Heber AZ and the KLR will fit nicely up there!!!

Wow, I knew I work in the wrong state..you guys out west, man you got it licked...20 and out..and got money to burn!

Really, congrats on your new toy and cabin.

Planning and wise investing! That was the trick! Thanks!

ericfoerster

I am building a cabin in Heber AZ

Dave, I just wanted to reaffirm our long lasting friendship grin.gif

Congrats on the scooter too!

You will absolutely love the KLR, specially 08 with better brakes and suspension. My Grandson begs for rides on the KLR continuously. We just go out and explore all the roads of the Mark Twain National Forest, paved, dirt, fire, single track, all of SE Missouri. Trip wise, I ride my KLR 50X any other bike. Their is no more bang for the buck anywhere than the KLR.

I take it out so many times during the weekend my wife thinks I have a mistriss.

ericfoerster

Maybe this is the scooter that pushed her over the edge?

Should we send help to Dave's house?

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

My guess is that Dave is out getting the new KLR dirty for the photo session clap.gif

Maybe this is the scooter that pushed her over the edge?

Should we send help to Dave's house?

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

My guess is that Dave is out getting the new KLR dirty for the photo session clap.gif

All is well at Dave's house.....and photos??? MY Fuji S 20 Pro camera stopped working while in Mexico City last week. It is in the Fuji repair shop so pics are out for now!!! Dirty?? Well Sun A.M. is the day!!!!!

P.S. The wife says I have good taste in m/c and watches!!!

texasaggie97

Wow I am a single guy and I was just wondering does that really work. I am just taking notes. If that is true then always budget in a good gift when you want a new toy, I like it.

Wow I am a single guy and I was just wondering does that really work. I am just taking notes. If that is true then always budget in a good gift when you want a new toy, I like it.

Don't bother,stay single, keep your stature!

Archived