IGNORED

UnRally VI Schedule and Meal Plans

Berkley

Eat... Ride.... Socialize... Sleep... Repeat...clap.gif

Please read carefully. All meal signups are independent of your UnRally registration!

I repeat: Please read carefully. All meal signups are independent of your UnRally registration!

Just to be clear, because I'm sure someone is going to miss this: All meal signups are independent of your UnRally registration. They have nothing to do with each other, they aren't linked, there is no magical connection... The computers don't talk to each other. No one, and I repeat no one, did you hear me, no one is going to cross check the lists! (Sorry for being so harsh. We're all adults here. -Mark) If you do not sign up for meals you will not eat. If you do not register for your UnRally reg and t-shirt you won't get one. (More on registration later.)

Registration and T-Shirt Table

At the Rivermen Campground: Wednesday Morning and Wednesday Evening: We will have a registration table where you can pick up your t-shirt and whatever else we have for you.

Breakfasts

Breakfasts Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: Served at the food pavilion at The Rivermen Campground. In general, folks will form into riding groups and head out for a full day of riding, or whatever else you're going to do. (You must sign up in advance for Rivermen meals see below.)

The OFFICIAL UnRally Group Dinner

Our annual official UnRally Group Dinner will be Wednesday evening at the Rivermen Campground food pavilion, see below for details. (You must sign up in advance for Rivermen meals see below.)

Off Night UnRally Meal Options

The Rivermen serve dinner every night at their food pavilion. They also have a lodge and gathering area. You can get dinner every night at the Rivermen camp ground and keep things very simple for yourself. The Lodge has a full service bar. You can also bring a Cooler (made by Givi wink.gif ) with your own. (You must sign up in advance for Rivermen meals see below.)

Otherwise there are other restaurants within a mile or so of the motel and camp ground including pizza, italian, ribs, BBQ and other options.

Of course we'll see you at the OFFICIAL Wednesday night dinner at the campground.

Signing Up For Rivermen Meals (Breakfasts and Dinners)

Please sign up by calling Rivermen at 800-545-7238, at least one week in advance (per their planning needs), for any meals you wish to eat at the Rivermen Food Pavilion. Dinners are $12.00/each and breakfasts are $6.00/each.

Rivermen Environment

The Rivermen serve a buffet near their club house. There are picnic tables, the lodge building with tables, tv's and games. (They've offered that we can show motorcycle videos on the TV's if people bring DVD's.) Plus, there's a cash bar in their lodge building (and we've confirmed that you can indeed BYO..."the more the better, just keep it in a cooler" ... a.k.a. your Givi top box).

UnRally Website.

Hey Mark, do I have to sign up in advance for Rivermen meals?

grin.giflmao.gif

Actually on real question - Can we sign up for these meals via email to them per the card they sent out, or does it have to be a phone call?

Having BTDT, thanks in advance for all the work you two and your team is doing on this. We know there is a lot more to this than appears from this side of a keyboard!

Cheers!

dopeslap.gif

However Rivermen says you can register, you can register. (for some reason, they didn't send us a meal card!)

Just so I'm sure, do I have to sign up with Riverman for meals? grin.gif

Thanks for making this all happen. I apologize if my anticipation sounded like ingratitude.

Eat... Ride.... Socialize... Sleep... Repeat...clap.gif

Registration and T-Shirt Table

At the Rivermen Campground: Wednesday Morning and Wednesday Evening: We will have a registration table where you can pick up your t-shirt and whatever else we have for you.

Do we have to sigh up for t-shirts or is it first come first serve basis until they run out.

thanks

n

Do we have to sigh up for t-shirts or is it first come first serve basis until they run out.

thanks

n

Good question. We'll be making registration and t-shirt ordering/payment one and the same. That way we know how many t-shirts to print!

We won't worry about running out of t-shirts. If you order your size/style it will be there when you show up. thumbsup.gif

i wanna order my T-shirts now ....... NO? .....

OK how about now? ..... NOW? .....

I can't stand it now more.

(taking deeeep breaths and counting to ten)

...9 ..... 10

k, I want 2 t-shirts .... dopeslap.gif how about NOW??????

Yeeha! Stephen

OK... so I get the part about signing up for meals.

But for what? Jelly Rolls and Juice? Steaks, BBQ, Meat Loaf? Any menus to post and look at? Or do I have to call them for that too?

"UnRally VI Schedule and Meal Plans"

So, where's the schedule.

"Registration Wed morning and Wed evening..."

Opening when and Closing when? What time is Breakfast? What time is Dinner?

"Wednesday Morning and Wednesday Evening: We will have a registration table where you can pick up your t-shirt and whatever else we have for you

So, Tuesday we are all on our own? Or do I just need to show up Wednesday? Anything "Official" happening Tuesday that I'll miss cause I didn't sign in till Wednesday?

Hate to be such a Butt about things, "but" inquiring minds ya' know.

Thanks

There are a bunch of us going white water rafting

on tuesday, you are welcome to come along. See post

White water rafting on the Lower New River (Tuesday 9/4).

Les is more

Stephen, Stephen, Stephen,

Easy man! It's an Unrally. People will be arriving Tuesday or maybe before. As I recall the first day is usually very casual. Sometimes people make their own plans, like the river rafting or getting together for meals. Why not contact Rivermen with your menu concerns and perhaps post what you learn here in the spirit of helping out. Looks to me like the official stuff starts Wed. AM at the registration table. Mark and Sylva, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not every Un has had an official opening and closing. In fact, other than a few remarks when enough people were gathered around to sign in at #2, didn't that only happen at the first one?

We're still a month out. You already packed up and gettin' antsy? tongue.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Stephen,

This being an unrally there really isn't much of a schedule. The official days for the Un are Tuesday to Thursday. We're doing the reg desk on Wednesday because it is the day with the highest attendance based on the hotel and camp reservations.

The first "official" thing on the schedule is breakfast on Tuesday morning. I'm sure we will have a good number of folks there at that time, again based on reservations.

For the exact details of times and menus I will be working with the Rivermen. As soon as those are finalized we will be posting them.

We really appreciate yours and everyones patience. Our lives, myself and Sylva's, have really gotten crazy. Myself I'm posting this from my phone sitting in the back of a meeting room at my youth group's state convention. We will get the information to you and everyone as soon as it is finalized.

Take care,

Mark

Regarding meal info:

I searched through Rivermen's Website (www.rivermen.com) and found their Dining Information page.

This gives examples of their meals. thumbsup.gif

Regarding schedule:

This is an Un. Your planned events are as follows: Gather, Ride, Eat, Socialize, Sleep and repeat in no particular order. This is not your traditional Rally. We have no scheduled "events" other than our hosted group dinner on Wednesday, there are no organized "group rides" (although there are some routes) and no vendors...

ETA: all that being said, we will of course be setting some times for Wed breakfast/dinner registration, etc. But that's for later.

Does anyone have a link to that wonderful "What is an UnRally anyway?!" FAQ thread? Leslie?

I am so excited to be seeing new and familiar faces! clap.gif

Les is more

I don't know where that thread is. I'll look around.

In all fairness, I must say that I'm sure that Yeeha's questions were meant to be taken with a certain amount of humor. He's an old Unhand, having worked the registration table at the first two.

I do know that people are excited and sometimes get impatient--I certainly am. I have to keep reminding myself that there is still a month left and that you two are madly finalizing details.

The only people who don't get to fully experience the "UN" part of the Unrally are the Unorganizers. Keep up the great work you guys!!

I called my contact for the rafting trips. Here is some fun information for the Un-rally

Sun rise between 6:50 - 7am

Sun rise temps average is around 70 degrees

Breakfast is served 7am - 9am. Breakfast is the same every day

eggs, sausage, bacon, sausage biscuit gravy, cereal, OJ, coffee, waffles

average daily high will be 85 - 90

Dinner is served 5pm - 7pm

Dinner is a theme, and varies between Tues - Thurs

http://www.rivermen.com/site/new-river-dining/

Sun set will be around 8pm - 8:10pm

Sun set temps will be 75 - 80

Remember the temps are just the overall average for the time we will be there. As with any area temps can vary greatly, however on average temps vary at most around 5 degrees. Some unusual weather pattern would have to occur for a major change.

Look forward to seeing everyone, and hope some of this trival data might be helpful lmao.gif

• 4 weeks later...

See everyone on Wednesday morning! I'm staying in Alderson and will ride up in the mornings and back at night.

Anyone planning on doing more than one of the routes per day?????

You can't go wrong by riding in any direction! clap.gif

See you all there and hope to get to talk to some of you at dinner on Wednesday night. thumbsup.gif

Archived