IGNORED

A good day for a helmet?

Huzband

It's been raining all day here, but for a short break about 2 pm. I took the opportunity to make a run to FedEx to ship a couple of boxes. It wasn't raining at the time, but the roads were still wet.

After I came out of the store, & was picking my helmet up off the seat, a passerby said, "it's a good day for a helmet".

eek.gif

I responded, " every day is a good day for a helmet".

Safe bet he was referring to covering up your ugly mug, NOT the fact that it was raining!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Ya know, some days at least one of us oughta just stay under our rock. tongue.gif

Firefight911
Ya know, some days at least one of us oughta just stay under our rock. tongue.gif

That's what the passerby was REALLY telling you to do! wave.giflmao.giftongue.gif

Great response.

I saw for the first time ever something very unusual. I passed a new BMW (RT or GT) going the opposite direction. I enthusiastically waved (in my area, you don't see these often except in a group touring the river). He didn't wave back and was wearing shorts and no helmet.

It's rare seeing a BMW riger not in an aerostitch suit. But no helmet... amazing.

I repect that people have a right to choose to make bad decisions. But I then choose to label anyone that rides without a helmet as hopelessly ignorrant. A good friend of mine even rides often without a helmet.

But I then choose to label anyone that rides without a helmet as hopelessly ignorrant.

You misspelled ignorant. That there is some rich karma. grin.gif

Especially since most people who don't ride a motorcycle think you are hopelessly ignorrant [sic].

People choose such interesting hills to die on.

bakerzdosen

I find Tuesday's are the best days for helmets. And only when it's under 95F. If I'm not wearing stripes... otherwise it clashes.

I had a similar experience at a moto shop (mostly off road) last month. I was leaving/gearing up when a guy walked by. He said "good to see you wearing gear". I said something like "I'm actually feeling kinda guilty for not wearing my overpants, but since I'm only a coupla blocks away from work in a 35mph zone, I risked it." He was somewhat startled and replied "Oh, I just can't wear that stuff on my Gold Wing, it's too uncomfortable."

I left it at that.

So yes, every day is a good day. thumbsup.gif

Hijack! I'm at my dealer a couple of weeks ago and notice a 07 K1200S being walked out to the parking lot. Out comes this dude shorts, T shirt, Crocs on his feet. He swings over the seat pulls out a pair of what appears to be clear

plastic, shop glasses. Fires it up and off he goes????????

The salesman turns around looks at me. We both shrug our shoulders and proceed to the next objective.

Sorry for the hijack.

But I then choose to label anyone that rides without a helmet as hopelessly ignorrant.

You misspelled ignorant. That there is some rich karma. grin.gif

Especially since most people who don't ride a motorcycle think you are hopelessly ignorrant [sic].

People choose such interesting hills to die on.

Jeez, David.

Good stuff right there. lmao.gif

Besides, the guy couldn't be hopelessly ignorant.

He had a Glock sticker on the back window of his Durango. thumbsup.gif

I confess that I cheat on the ATGATT sometimes but I am always AAHATT (Always a helmet, all the time [no exceptions])

I was just reading the paper an hour ago. This is about 5 miles from my house bncry.gif ( Article )

...Police said Michael Labreque, 31, sustained severe head injuries and had one of his feet partially amputated during the accident. Sgt. Jay Drury said the Labreque did not appear to have been wearing a helmet....

Be careful out there and protect your head.

Archived