IGNORED

Northern Vermont to WV

TomK

As of now I'm thinking of two longish days (900+miles total) with minimal slab time. Passing through Hancock NY and central Pa. Leaving on the 3rd. Anyone from this area care to join me?

Woodie,

I've been toying a route that would take me down Rt 30 from Schoharie to Hancock, NY., then over to Galeton, Pa on Rt6 and then south. Is that something you could tie into from central CT?

If you want to pursue it send me a PM and we can discuss logistics.

Mark, keep the Northeast Express in mind. We will be getting on the Taconic state parkway around 11:30am on the 2nd. thumbsup.gif

Pat

Sounds doable.

I had coffee with Armando today, I'm trying to convince him come with me to the UN, rather than going out to SD.

Our planned route was more slab, since it's some 682 miles. It's a bit south of Hancock, but nothing we can't "adjust". smile.gif

Let's see who else we can convince, with the 9/3 travel day.

lurker.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Art,

How have you been? I'm thinking of being in central Pa., anywhere from Wellsboro to State College. I intend to do a long slabless day from there to WV. You headed that way?

Update: Central Connecticut group (2, maybe 3) plans to leave CT around mid-day on Monday, heading towards Wellsboro, or central PA area. Hook up there for dinner and a motel?

Planned arrival into Fayetteville Tuesday afternoon/evening, in time to set up tents, and start kicking tires and telling tales(lies?). lurker.gif

Planned arrival into Fayetteville Tuesday afternoon/evening, in time to set up tents, and start kicking tires and telling tales(lies?). lurker.gif
Hah! Good--that gives us a full day to get a jump on telling OUR versions of the stories first, spreading vicious rumors and otherwise talking about you behind your backs! lmao.gif

Turns out Mark is going to be coming via VA/GA so he's out for this ride down. I'm planning on driving down Monday.

OK, I'm officially torn between Sunday with Tewks - meet up at the diner, or Monday hook up with Woodie. If Woodie could leave before 2PM that'd make it a lot more tempting. But then I could get there early and tell stories about Jamie's cruiser days.

I'll nail it down soon...

I think you guys all ought to spend the night at my place on Sunday and we all leave together Mon AM. In a perfect world.

I'll be ready to leave by 12. It's those other CT folks who are holding things up! lmao.gif

<whisper> Armando, Samsar </whisper>

lurker.gif

OK, the CT group has their act together now.

I will leave around 12:15 or so. Rendezvous at Armando's (central CT) around 1:00.

We'll meet others as we go.

Tom -- You have PM

FasterPill -- well, what do you say? Northern PA for dinner, or earlier?

so...you'll be arriving around 11pm or later?

I'm leaving by car blush.gif as early as I can from Troy, NY...hopefully by 7am.

I'm leaving by car blush.gif

Sylva driving to the UN getting her butt rest:

1-two-wheel-driving.jpg

blush.gifblush.gifwave.gif

Woodie,

Sounds like a plan. We gotta get Soucy on the bandwagon!! C'mon Armando, it's labor day for cryin out loud. The sooner we leave the better. lurker.gif

... C'mon Armando, it's labor day for cryin out loud. The sooner we leave the better. lurker.gif

I suppose I could leave a bit earlier. I do want to take the kids and wife out to breakfast before departing. I will pass the hot potatoe ooo.gif, Woodie what is the earliest you can leave?

Armando, I've been preparing my fam for this trip for a while so they've made their own labor day plans now, and we've done a lot together this summer. I don't want to tear you from your fam - I understand. If you can gracefully move departure time up I think it would be wise for holiday travel.

It's only 127 miles longer for me to rendezvous with you and Woodie at your place, instead of meeting you in Milesburg, so that's my plan, if it's OK with you guys.

If not, plan B would be to try to hook up with TomK in NY somewhere. I'm up for that too.

Sounds like a plan. I'll try to make it there by 12.

We're booking hotel reservations for Monday night at the Holiday Inn in Milesburg, PA.

I'll be passing by Saratoga Springs in the morning on I87 (hopefully the only slab of the day.) Easy enough to meet up if you want to go that route.

I sent TomK a PM so if he and I can hook up in NY I think that might be better. Then we can all meet in Milesburg together.

I think it's wise not to travel alone, and getting there is more fun, so I appreciate your efforts to iron this out.

Tom and I have nailed it down. He's meeting at my house Monday morning around 9. From here we ride to Milesburg.

Anyone else interested in joining, please PM me.

And a BIG salute to TomK, who is member #22 of this board. thumbsup.gif

Is that a typo???

Glad your 'Crew" got it all sorted out! It'll be great to see you all again!

And a BIG salute to TomK, who is member #22 of this board. thumbsup.gif

Is that a typo???

Probably not. When Cary moved over to one of the many new software/Bulletin Board/Discussion Board iterations to accommodate the growing population here the first few hundred or so lost their original join dates and were all added to the new database in July of 2000. Cary put himself in first to test things out, then a few more were added to do the beta testing and the next biggest batch were all "migrated" on July 19th, 2000. I don't know how they were sorted for that day, but it's very interesting to see the user list by "join date" to find all those "old timers"--many of whom are still around! grin.gif

Go here and if it doesn't come up sorted, click on the "registered on" title and it will sort the list by time. If you see Mr. Rodgers at the top you've got it right. grin.gif

See you all in a week or so! clap.gif

Great, we will see you on Monday night. Are we getting the Un in an Un-Planned manner or is there a plan route for Tuesday? I am game either way.

I can send you a Mapsource file if that will help but generally passing through (in WV) Berkley Springs, Moorefield,(possible extension through Canaan Valley), Seneca Rocks, Franklin, Monterey Va., Green Bank, Cass, and Richwood. About 450 miles without Canaan, 500 with.

OoPEZoO (keith) and I are heading out of Richmond, Va Tuesday morning. Planning on taking our time heading out and cruizing mostly back roads. Maybe we'll see ya'll on the roads somewhere in Va or WVa on the way! Good luck and safe travels.

Archived