IGNORED

concours

taters

OOH, that would be nice to see them sitting side by side to compare and contrast them to one another. They may have some in O.C. now. It has been about 2 weeks since I have been in a dealership. Thanks Marco.

KB

Sat on one today.

L side footpeg/gear ghift works for big feet, unlike FJR 1300

Heat can be an issue.

Bike is small for me. My knees are at the top of the gas tank.

sitting side by side with an RT, it made the RT look pretty. grin.gif

The RT? Wouldn't a better comparison be the GT? confused.gif

Other comparos like the Ducati ST3, Yamaha FJR1300 & Honda ST1300.

Interestingly enough the mag said that the RT was the alternative to the connie....they also eluded to the fact that the GT was very expensive....so maybe they didn't even consider it??

BeemerLover

FYI,

Friend test drove a C14 yesterday. He rides an 1150RT. I sat on one at a different dealership which will not let me test ride until the paperwork is done and I'm ready to sign. I'll test drive at my friend's dealership!

Friend said motor was powerful, extremely smooth (like GT but unlike the buzzy RT), tranny shifted like butter and had a high 6th gear. He said overall it was most like a K1200GT. He said the tupperware around the tank got hot (there is a partial fix on the Connie forum). ABS brakes as good as the 07 RT unlinked. It has no cruise, no heated grips or seat, no self canceling signals, ESA. Out the door price for the ABS model is about $13,400 per the forum.

I sorta liked the Connie, kinda didn't. Only one color is available, a greenish silver color which I really do not like. Seat is adequate, better than RT or GT which are poor. Still needs a new seat for long distance. Screen needs to be replaced for long distance like RT or GT. Ergonomics are similar to the GT; forward lean while on the RT you sit pretty upright. Bar backs will not make it equal the RT. I would buy the R1200RT due to ergonomics as my hands tingle if I am bent too far forward and raise my head up to see.

Out the door price for the ABS model is about $13,400 per the forum.

That's a damn good price considering the MSRP is $13,800 for the ABS model. Hard to believe anyone is discounting them that steeply. My local dealer is initially marking them up $800 bucks.

Out the door price for the ABS model is about $13,400 per the forum.

That's a damn good price considering the MSRP is $13,800 for the ABS model. Hard to believe anyone is discounting them that steeply. My local dealer is initially marking them up $800 bucks.

I doubt that...in Phx the OTD price is $16,328 and not a penny less. Trust me, I have been to all the dealers and this is as good as is gets.

I was at a dealership that had one on the floor today. There are numerous pieces that don't fit, are coming loose, have raw edges, poor welds, cheap/chintsy, etc. Workmanship is just horrible. Style is bad in-person as the photos online. ZX14 near it was way better in workmanship. That little glove box on top would be below the quality expected on an entry level bike. I was really surprised. This kind of crude workmanship is fine on a KLR650 but it bothers me on a sport/tourer. FJR1300 near it was so much nicer at a similar price. It has first class workmanship just like the Honda ST1300 and anything BMW.

I might test ride one out of curiousity, but if I was in the market for that type of bike I wouldn't bother because it wouldn't matter how it rode. I have considered and test ridden FJR1300 and Honda ST1300.

I was at a dealership that had one on the floor today. There are numerous pieces that don't fit, are coming loose, have raw edges, poor welds, cheap/chintsy, etc. Workmanship is just horrible. Style is bad in-person as the photos online. ZX14 near it was way better in workmanship. That little glove box on top would be below the quality expected on an entry level bike. I was really surprised. This kind of crude workmanship is fine on a KLR650 but it bothers me on a sport/tourer. FJR1300 near it was so much nicer at a similar price. It has first class workmanship just like the Honda ST1300 and anything BMW.

I might test ride one out of curiousity, but if I was in the market for that type of bike I wouldn't bother because it wouldn't matter how it rode. I have considered and test ridden FJR1300 and Honda ST1300.

Interesting as the ones I have seen are well made in terms of fit and finish. An earlier post by me mentioned this. My 04 FJR now that machine was nice in terms of fit/finish.....The C1400's have all been exceptional in my book. Not sure where you been looking but I wouldn't buy one if it is as bad as you say.

I took a look at the concours site and there is nothing but praise for this machine....there are the usual complaints, no farkles for a new machine and buffeting form the stock w/s etc. I will give it till Jan before I have one....

motorcyclist magazine just gave the concours best sport tourer for 2007. with its price with abs around 14,000 the rt does have some serious competition now i think

I just got my copy of the magazine and it was "Best Touring Bike", not sport-touring.

Archived