IGNORED

What's it all about!

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

This past weekend was riding around Cayuga Lake (NY Finger Lakes region). My wife and I stopped at an ice cream place and while we were eating an elderly man came up to us and asked "Is that your BMW?" I said yes and we started talking about the bike. He then mentioned how he had a Harley that he bought for 20 dollars when he was much , much younger. He had to run alongside the bike and jump on it to start. After he told the story and we laughed he looked at us and said I have a lot of fond memories of the time on that bike and had the biggest smile. What a cool guy we enjoyed meeting him tremendously. And that folks is what is cool about motorcycles, the rides and people you meet. Stay Vertical thumbsup.gif

Remember, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". That ad said it all 40 years ago about motorcyclists. Some things never change.

youmeet.gif

Remember, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". That ad said it all 40 years ago about motorcyclists. Some things never change.

youmeet.gif

Way back then I remember telling my dad I wanted a motorcycle which he scoffed at and said no kid of mine is gonna ride a motorcycle. My mom chimed in and said "C'mon you've seen the ads on TV." "You meet the nicest people on a Honda!" "He's not going to be a Hells Angel." The next week I was riding my brand new 125 Honda. My mom was cool!! She used to ride on the back with me down to the store to get smokes. I guess she figured she'd save gas and wear and tear on her 64 Ford Falcon. thumbsup.gif

youmeet.gif

Had one of those....It was gray and came back from Japan with a Navy guy...The owners manual was a hoot to read......

Phil.........Redbrick

This past weekend was riding around Cayuga Lake (NY Finger Lakes region). My wife and I stopped at an ice cream place and while we were eating an elderly man came up to us and asked "Is that your BMW?" I said yes and we started talking about the bike. He then mentioned how he had a Harley that he bought for 20 dollars when he was much , much younger. He had to run alongside the bike and jump on it to start. After he told the story and we laughed he looked at us and said I have a lot of fond memories of the time on that bike and had the biggest smile. What a cool guy we enjoyed meeting him tremendously. And that folks is what is cool about motorcycles, the rides and people you meet. Stay Vertical thumbsup.gif

excuse the hijack, but i grew up on cayuga lake.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I stopped for a break at a roadside park along the Susquehanna River near in PA and an elderly gentle walked up and asked if the Beemer was my bike. He then proceeded to tell me about every bike he owned and rode during his lifetime. He made a point to tell me he had to give up riding because of his age and health, but assured me he could hop on my ST and go for a spin. Neat guy. He was originally from the UK, so all his recollections were from his time in England and on British bikes.

The Honda Cup which is how it is referred to in Southeast Asia. It is still in production and has not changed much. You can even willie it. Since there is no clutch lever, you simply release the gas as you shift. However, when you shift but do not release the shifter, it is a false neutral. This is when you increase the throttle and release the shiter and UP you go! thumbsup.gif

They sure were fun.

Here's a video Honda Cup . I believe this is in Malaysia.

excuse the hijack, but i grew up on cayuga lake.

As did I (Lakeview Drive in Lansing on a hill overlooking the lake ). Now I'm near Seattle, WA. Where exactly were you?

youmeet.gif

Hey! That's what I learned to ride on. Ours was red. I would ride until I got tired, then honk the horn for someone to come hold it up so I could get off. What a great memory grin.gif

Archived