IGNORED

Packing Motorcycles

Skywagon

In about a week, Allied Van Lines pulls up to my door step to relocate us. They plan to take my bikes on the truck. Any precautions or things I should prep for. They want the tanks empty as well. Easy to do on the R100RT, any thoughts on how to empty the fuel on R1150RT?

In about a week, Allied Van Lines pulls up to my door step to relocate us. They plan to take my bikes on the truck. Any precautions or things I should prep for. They want the tanks empty as well. Easy to do on the R100RT, any thoughts on how to empty the fuel on R1150RT?

Let see .Ride it? smile.gifYou still have a week . Carry a gallon with you .Try not to run it out just get it very low . Dave

I don't know about nowadays, but when I moved from Puerto Rico to Seattle the moving company showed up with a crate for mine. They had called me for height (with no mirrors), width (across the bars), length, and wheelbase measurements ahead of time. then showed up with a box and dunnage to block it into place. It came through without a scratch.

You might try telling them that's what you want.

Kent

Friends just had three bikes shipped from NJ to Oregon and the only thing they had to do is take off their windshields (1100R and SV650)and run the gas low in the tanks. They got there no problem, no damage.

I'm not that trusting however and decided to go with a dedicated bike hauler, hope I'm not wasting my money. We'll see.

Friends just had three bikes shipped from NJ to Oregon and the only thing they had to do is take off their windshields (1100R and SV650)and run the gas low in the tanks. They got there no problem, no damage.

I'm not that trusting however and decided to go with a dedicated bike hauler, hope I'm not wasting my money. We'll see.

To clarify....they shipped with their furniture via United Van Lines.

Thanks all. Will "Ozark" it out. No time to ride. My concern was something I read a while back about not running the R1150RT out of gas due to fuel injection, fuel pump, or something like that. Will try to leave a quart or so.

Don't use tie-downs from an R1200Rt luggage rack. Looks like alloy, but is made of plastic. Cracks beautifully, as a recovery vehicle proved to me.

Archived