IGNORED

Need Maintenance Tips For Gulf Coast Trip

russter

I'm planning a trip to Port Aranasas,Texas soon and looking for advice. I have not taken a bike to a coastal area before and would appreciate your experience with this. Although I'm not planning to ride on the beach itself, I will be staying very near it where you tend to get the wind driven salt spray. I'm wondering if there is any serious danger of corrosion from this. I'm just looking for any tips any of you have on pre, post, and during the trip maintenance to help avoid any cosmetic damage to the bike from the elements beyond "wash it when you get home."I figured many of you have experience with this. Yeah, I just got the bike a month ago and it only has 1800 miles on it and I'm trying to keep it in primo condition.('07 R1200RT). Do any of you actually take your bike on the beach itself? Just curious. If so have you had problems from this? FWIW I will be putting a cover on it at night. Any tips would be appreciated.

Russ

motorman587

Have driven a motor or two on the beaches of Daytona, Florida. Never thought or worried about it. Just wash it when you get home. thumbsup.gif

Clean it, protect the exposed surfaces with wax.

Ride it.

Return home.

Clean it.

Or, just ride through some rain on the way home. grin.gif

Archived