IGNORED

New bike!

pbbeck

I couldn't resist. I've always had a thing for Hinckley triples. Got a great deal. Needs new tires, new fork oil, and a front fender. Otherwise, this bike is immaculate.

tbs.jpg

Oooooh, it's purty! Congratulations! Love the header pipe configuration!

Don't tell me someone put Armour All on the tires??!?? Yikes!

Doug

Congratulations, that's one sweet looking bike Paul and I know your going to love the sound of that triple.

Andy

Image gone?

Hey Dan,

I know where a great deal on a Thruxton is.

And a TBS should be in our local paper very soon.

I couldn't resist. I've always had a thing for Hinckley triples. Got a great deal. Needs new tires, new fork oil, and a front fender. Otherwise, this bike is immaculate.

tbs.jpg

sUH......wHEEET ==

Moose just received her '06 Thruxton this weekend...what a hoot.!

Nope, that's not Armor All. It's just the way the fill flash interacts with a REALLY wide set of chicken strips! It appears the previous owner was damn near covered in feathers.

I'm the 3rd owner. The bike started life in bumblebee black and yellow. The original owner modded the bike heavily to turn it into more of a café racer. Mods include rear end bodywork, exhaust, drilled air box, rejetted carbs, and cams from a Speed Triple. He put 9000 miles on the bike, and from the looks of it, probably sold it without ever changing the tires. The 2nd owner putted around town on it and kept it clean, but never bothered changing the tires. He also replaced the fuel tank and body work with black/silver. He never installed a black fender, ergo the fact that it is missing.

For the low, low price of $3800, I got the bike, all the original yellow sheet metal (in immaculate condition), a windscreen, a Triumph tankbag, the original exhaust, airbox, seat, a yellow rear cowl, original mirrors, lights, etc. I could probably recover my costs by selling that stuff on eBay!

There is something truly magical about riding a bike with no computers, servos, ECUS, or CANT-buses. I get such a buzz from the all-mechanical, almost organic sounds of a carbed engine.

BTW... I already forgot to turn on the fuel petcock. It took me about five minutes to figure out why the bike would not run. In that time though, as I was sitting on the side of the road like a right doofus, an old guy on a Bonneville pulled up to see if I was okay! I love motorcycling!

bakerzdosen

Wow, seriously nice new toy. For $3800 (incl. goodies), I'm sure most of us would be hard pressed to pass that up.

Archived