IGNORED

New RT questions

flobti

1. When do the 08's come out?

2. Any word on colors?

3. When is the best guess of a model change (for the GS & RT)?

Rocket_Cowboy

Usually September/October ... I think the new model year announcements end up being sometime in September, with units showing up late October. I bought my 06RT in October last year just as the 07's were showing up, and got a great deal as a result.

The RT got all new colors for '07. I wouldn't be looking for color changes for '08. They kept the same colors for '05-06.

1. When do the 08's come out?

2. Any word on colors?

3. When is the best guess of a model change (for the GS & RT)?

With prices like this why wait for an '08.

The RT got all new colors for '07. I wouldn't be looking for color changes for '08. They kept the same colors for '05-06.

If history is any indicator, they may throw in a new color or two just to spark interest. Wouldn't be surprised to see black or a funky green be offered as a substitute for the silver greys offered since 05.

I was at the Scottsdale, AZ BMW dealer yesterday. Some color changes for 2008 but the big news is price increases from seven to eight per cent. He expects 2009 to have mechanical changes.

BTW. I am working on a deal to trade my 2004 R1150R on a used 2006 red R1200RT with about 35k on it. The R1200C stays in the fleet as a "Classic". smile.gif

Usd BMW's seem to be in high demand. I got $500 more for my '04 R1150R than I was expecting. He sold the bike to someone 200 miles away in less than 4 days.

I hear that the 09 RT will be redesigned with a seat height that will be adjustable from 30" up.

Oh wait a minute - that must have been a dream!

Maybe, but unlikely, the 2008 BMW's will even come with two keys. However, they would probably jack the price up $ 1,000 to cover it.

Archived