IGNORED

off brands

AZKomet

I spent the last 9 days in Mexico City and found that the Mexico City police ride not only BMW 650's as the patrol bike but a variety of others as well. For instance:

Big bore Zooks and Kaws that I have never seen before...new?? but unable to tell what models.

Older like 80's GW!!

Newer GW's

HD's

Cruiser Yams and Kaws

There are others, but I forget. What I also saw though was some brands I never heard of like:

Motormex

Venito Gladiator

Buzon???? Again, there were others that I can't recall @ 0400 hrs in the morning. Curious, in your travels have you ran into motorcycles you have never heard of? And what were they???

Baba_ORiley
...Venito Gladiator

I wonder if you mean Vento with no "i"?

Vento is an American manufacturer of scooters and small displacement cruiser motorcycles like this:

vthundermain2.jpg

Here's a quote from the Vento website http://www.vento.com/

• Vento Motorcycles, U.S.A., is headquartered in San Diego, with assembly facilities in Laredo, Texas, as well as a new marketing, product development, and sales support center in Melbourne, Florida. Vento Motorcycles U.S.A. is led by company president and corporate founder Isaac Calderon. Its corporate offices include its customer care support staff, and product design and development operations, headed by noted designer Mario E. Cisneros. Mahonry Sanchez is responsible for International sales. Vento also has an R&D team based in Italy and an additional design team in Australia.

It sounds like they are just using any confiscated bike that falls into their hands. I'd be afraid to go down there with an RT. I might end up in jail so they could add decals to my bike. We do the same thing around here with cars from drug busts; they become unmarked cars.

It sounds like they are just using any confiscated bike that falls into their hands. I'd be afraid to go down there with an RT. I might end up in jail so they could add decals to my bike. We do the same thing around here with cars from drug busts; they become unmarked cars.

I do believe that it is a true statement......

I do believe that it is a true statement......

"60 Minutes" did an expose years ago where they found numerous stolen cars from the U.S. which were being utilized by the Mexican police. Go figure!

What's to figure? They, being the police, are all pretty much corrupt as hell.

Yes they are...I spoke with at least 50 locals and they all say the police are corrupt and will not help you if in a jam. If they do help it means a payoff for them in the end. I did not trust them while there. I got the feeling that they were up to no good given the chance. The locals were nice as can be...I enjoyed the commoners company...all helpful and courteous people I encountered....but the bikes, cars and SUV's used by the police were suspect as to origin.

Archived