IGNORED

Did the OCC boys influence HD?

TEWKS

Rocker.jpg

The new Rocker from HD resembles the stuff rolling out of the OCC shop. I am not a big fan of some of their

bike's but, this one from HD is saying something to me. You like?

Pat

An attractive cruiser; kinda understated by today's custom bike look, but a bit more radical by HD standards.

How much?

Mike O

No, I don't like it. That being said, I don't care for cruiser style bikes in the first place, so this one isn't being singled out.

Boat anchor!!

Guy at work has a plain jane 883 in black that looks nice...for a harlley. They all seem to have that " Looks best when parked" design about them.

And now for the chorus of acrimony from the HD ensemble, lmao.gif

THAT is a VERY nice looking HD!!! thumbsup.gif

Jim cool.gif

+1. I'm not generally a crusier fan, but some of the new/newer HDs such as this one and the Nightster are good (cool?) looking bikes.

lOOKS lIKE an already production Victory Vegas...

why wait...

I saw a Vegas at bike night last eve - that thing was very very attractive if I was in a cruizer sort of mind...which I am not... thumbsup.gif

I'm no cruiser guy, but THAT bike is just beautiful. It has something to do with how that rear fender is tightly wrapped around that rear tire, and I like the satin finish over the Rocker-C chrome version.

I could actually buy that bike...

ShovelStrokeEd

I actually like cruisers. I don't much care for the mind set but, for putting around town and rides up to a couple hundred miles or so, they ain't bad. I'm not in love with the handling, nor the brakes on most of them. Actually the brakes aren't too bad on some, like the Yamaha Warrior, but the tires fitted more or less negate them.

That particular HD is sweet. I have always liked the look of glass beaded aluminum over that of chrome. More functional as well so long as you can keep a clear coat on it so it doesn't stain. Too bad the stock exhaust will be trashed on most of them in the interest of "performance".

SAAB93driver

Not my style but it looks good. I'd like to see it from the other side.

As far as cruisers go the Victory also has made some strides in the styling department. They no longer look cobbled up - I don't know if they are eating into HD sales but they make a nice looking bike.

"There off and running!" New batch of lemming lawyers.

"I got mine, get yours!" Richard Pryor

Nice looking bike though. If that's what blows your hair back.

H C Edwards
Rocker.jpg

Where's the CHROME?

The chrome will be at the dealership. All you'll need is armloads of cash.

I do think that's about the best looking bike HD has produced in a long time.

I think it's a good effort to modernize their appearance a little. Is that a swingarm with a monoshock hidden behind some side panels or a hardtail. The chrome is downplayed a little, which I like. More textures and you eyes don't get distracted buy flashy parts.

With the conditons of roads in the US, I could never understand riding a hardtail.

I race bicycles, so I know how punishing a hardtail rear end can be.

ShovelStrokeEd

Naw, its a softail, a misnomer if ever there was one. Shocks are horizontal under the tranny and work backwards, extending on compression. It isn't horrible and miles ahead of a hard tail but travel is limited.

<

I think it's a good effort to modernize their appearance a little. Is that a swingarm with a monoshock hidden behind some side panels or a hardtail.">

===============================================

Seriously doubt its a hardtail--most likely a "softail" which has a hidden monoshock as you suggested. Typical Harley types aren't hardtail riders.

I don't see any resemblance to the OCC bikes at all. It really isn't stretched or raked out at all, it doesn't have any of the detail pieces that they tack onto all of their bikes, the wheels are utterly boring, and it looks to be a softail rather than a rigid frame. And personally, I hate that champagne anodizing that they've got on the primary drive cover and most of the other details. I think there are a couple of good looking HDs, but I don't think that is one of them, I'm afraid.

--sam

<
I think it's a good effort to modernize their appearance a little. Is that a swingarm with a monoshock hidden behind some side panels or a hardtail.">

===============================================

Seriously doubt its a hardtail--most likely a "softail" which has a hidden monoshock as you suggested. Typical Harley types aren't hardtail riders.

Well, maybe, maybe not.

p-GRLeftQuarter.jpg

Pilgrim

I think Harley is definitely going after the "casual custom" market after seeing so many hardcore, specialty manufacturers making cash in the chopper market.

Actually, I think this is a good thing for them. I'd never buy it because I personally find that riding position uncomfortable, but a lot of people who want a chopper and off the shelf reliability will jump all over this.

2746835750050375920YKjPUv_th.jpg

If you squint just a little, I think you can see the resemblance I was talking about.

RockerC.jpg

If you prefer chrome, the Rocker C has it for two grand more.

Pat

Archived