IGNORED

Another New Guy is Out

milbrua

I've been monitoring several BMW discussion boards since purchasing the 12RT and decided that this is the one that I'm going to stick with, so I figured I should out myself.

Returned to riding last year after an 18-year absence. When I scoped out my choices for bikes, the 12RT seemed like the natural choice, but I was a bit intimidated by its size, so I purchased a Buell Ulysses. Wonderful bike and a great choice for returning to riding, but the RT kept calling me until I broke down last month and made the switch. Very pleased with my decision. I love the wind protection, storage, smooth ride, and all the gizmos. The meter just turned over 1000 miles on the way home this evening. I'm keeping this one.

I've gotten lots of great info on this site, and I am looking forward to participating.

Welcome and congrats on your new RT. Please tell me that when you say "broke down" you don't mean the Buell literally broke down, just that YOU broke down and decided on the BMW.

Please tell me that when you say "broke down" you don't mean the Buell literally broke down, just that YOU broke down and decided on the BMW.

Nope, the Buell was fine. It was me and my wallet that gave in.

Hi Bruce and welcome to the board. The RT is one fine machine and this comes from an 11 year K bike/K motor fan. I am glad you chose this board. There are a bunch of really good people here and their knowledge of BMW's always amazes me. But I am sure you know this by your lurking. I lurked here for a year myself. Again welcome to the board and enjoy your new RT.

Welcome to the board. There are only a few rules to follow here. They are, have fun, ride safe and ride often. With all the people here and their knowledge to share, you could learn to do brain surgery. (As long as you stay at a Holiday Inn Express) lmao.giflmao.gif

Welcome and enjoy.

Archived