IGNORED

:::mRS mOOSE to get a new ride...:::

hANNAbONE

mOOSE, my wife and apple of my eye, will be traveling with me to KY this weekend to pick up a 2006 Triumph Thruxton cafe' style scoot.

She just went thru her 2nd MSC course and is ready to pull the trigger on riding and getting some real miles under her belt in the coming months.

The bike is somewhat loaded with items...and is at a price that is hard to beat.

With that - we go to pick it up this Sat. morning.

This'll be fun -- eh? thumbsup.gifclap.gif

THRUX8.jpg

THRUX4.jpg[/img]

THRUX7.jpg[/img]

russell_bynum

My buddy at work has one of those, and loves it.

It looks friggin' sweet...like an old school Triumph, but without the old school triumph reliability/maintenance/etc.

Lone_RT_rider

I absolutely LOVE that bike! The Triumph line has really been holding my attention lately. The Thruxton is a wonderful looking bike that would be great for a "bike night" situation. I can see throttling through town on that bad boy. Congrats Moose!

Shawn

She's gonna look better on that bike than you will on yours. Come to think of it, she looks better than you at whatever you do. Can you imagine how incredible she'd look on a K1200S? You'd think you were in Torrey chasing Sam Gendler again, only your view would be better. grin.gif

Congrats to your lovely bride. Time to check and see if Baker might have room for her at the next Code School. Go Moosie!!!

mOOSE, my wife and apple of my eye, will be traveling with me to KY this weekend to pick up a 2006 Triumph Thruxton cafe' style scoot.

She just went thru her 2nd MSC course and is ready to pull the trigger on riding and getting some real miles under her belt in the coming months.

Scooze me here while I suffer a serious bout of skepticism. Are you sure you bought this bike for your wife and not for yourself?

Come on, tell the truth...... wink.gif

bakerzdosen

A Thruxton.... Niiiiice.

Congrats to both of you (yeah, because I'm sure you'll NEVER set a cheek on the thing).

tHANK kEN..!

I've been to all of those sites and probably will drop some coinage in their coffers...cha-ching..! thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Me thinks, like Beemerboy,after having witnessed Susans last foray into riding that she had some coaching as to which next bike she wouldn't ride and someone else in the household would. The low bars are a dead giveaway, just what a new rider would feel comfortable with on the first rides! dopeslap.gif

Dave Grinsel

hANNAbONE,

That is exactly like my new ride. I purchased a leftover 2006 model about six weeks ago. Mine has factory bar end mirrors, a centerstand, Triumph off road silencers, a Triumph tank bag, and tank pads. I also purchased a RKA seat bag. It is the bike I lusted over in the 60's.

Me thinks, like Beemerboy,after having witnessed Susans last foray into riding that she had some coaching as to which next bike she wouldn't ride and someone else in the household would. The low bars are a dead giveaway, just what a new rider would feel comfortable with on the first rides! dopeslap.gif

i kNOW it sounds "convenient" for me to walk her towards that bike - and that "breed" of bike - however, this was H E R choice...she's ridden a Bonneville and Thruxton, several cruizer types as well...she keeps coming back to the Thrux.

I believe that she digs the looks as well as the whole package...it's relatively low powered - not gonna wheelie or run out from under her...so she feels safe etc. She also can flat foot it without a worry - so another plus. BELIEVE ME...I don't want to get back into the whole buy//trade//buy again thang that was - it's her decision and she's made it. Good for her -- I clap.gifapplaude clap.gif her for getting this far and figuring out for herself what she wants. It will be interesting to see if she piles a ton of miles on it - given its low stature and non-existant wind management..time will tell if that will be a big deal or not - stay tuned...

hANNAbONE,

That is exactly like my new ride. I purchased a leftover 2006 model about six weeks ago. Mine has factory bar end mirrors, a centerstand, Triumph off road silencers, a Triumph tank bag, and tank pads. I also purchased a RKA seat bag. It is the bike I lusted over in the 60's.

yUP - iT'S a pretty cool sled. I hope she falls in love with riding as I have and yanks a ton of safe miles on this and many other bikes to come.

A Thruxton.... Niiiiice.

Congrats to both of you (yeah, because I'm sure you'll NEVER set a cheek on the thing).

hEY...I didn't say that I wouldn't thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Contrats to Moose thumbsup.gif

Hope she really enjoys it. I really miss my Thunderbird Sport, but the high pegs really started to get to my old body [have no idea how someone can ride a bike with clip ons tongue.gif].

Mine had a cheapy standard cafe style fairing, that really did a better job of managing the wind than my tiger eek.gif

623343945_219d8bec0f_o.jpg

might want to check it out.

BTW, do a little research on the Triumph's history as everytime you stop on the bike, someone will want to talk to about the bike wave.gif

Oh stinkin' yeah! Way to go, Susan. You guys going to the UN?

nOT sURE about the "UN" yet..we'll see..!

This could get good ... hmmm... lurker.giflurker.gif

Archived