IGNORED

Steve Hebert stranded in WV

Chris K

I just recieved a call from Steve, and he and his wife were involved in a hit and run last night near Thomas, WV that left their bike totaled. They are fine, just some bumps and bruises, but now need to get home. Steve is going to see if he can rent a U Haul truck nearby. He is getting good at the U Haul thing as his brother's final drive literly blew up in northern New York earlier in this trip! If anyone lives in the area and can offer any suggestions please send me a PM.

frown.gifeek.gif

Can't help from here.

But having survived 2 hit and runs crazy.gif, I'll send some positive vibes to Steve and Suz'anne for quick healing and a safe journey home.

Chris.... There's not much I can do from Raleigh but if Steve needs storage space and a place to crash my place in Raleigh is open to him.

I just heard back from Steve and he wants to thank all of you for your offers of help. He heard from the police this morning and the driver that hit him is sitting in jail (blew 3X the legal limit!) but most importantly he was insured. Steve is working with the insurance company and they have assured him that will get him, Christa (not Suzanne as I first thought) and the bike back home. He hopes to be back on the road by tomorrow morning.

Lone_RT_rider

Chris, I know we have been talking all day but just a reminder to give Steve my cell phone number and extend our invitation as a stopover point on his way back to LA.

Thanks!

Shawn

RichEdwards

Yikes, Steve. Glad you're both o.k. Say "hi" to Krista for me. Sounds like a good time to test ride my K1200GT.

Steve... wow, glad you and your daughter are OK. You really are NOT having good luck with the "older BMW" thing are ya? I'll see you when you get back to work.. try and stay safe.

Now that the immediate issue has been handled, Steve, I'm glad you and the wife are OK!

Also glad that for once the perp is insured and residing where he belongs (even if only temporarily).

SteveHebert

Hey guys,

I just got to a computer and have read the responses. Thanks for the help. It seems as though Enterprise will bring me a truck so I can load up the bike and us tomorrow morning and head back home. I am not sure which way I will be travelling, but will get numbers from Chris if I need them. I have a good friend in Mentone, AL that we were going to stay with anyway, so I may stop there.

This is all crazy!! He nailed us from behind and just kept going. It was on a frontage street with shops and we were helped within seconds. A doctor and his nurse-wife from Chicago were eating there and ran to our aid.

I will get back with everyone later.

Thanks again for the wishes.....

Steve,

Hate to hear this, glad y'all are ok! Have a safe journey home and let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Mike

RandyShields

Steve, just got online and saw the bad news. Glad everyone is ok. Boy, a bad year for bike-car collisions. Hopefully, the guy's insurance company is stepping up and doing the right thing. If I can do anything from Charlotte, or if you need a place to crash (oop, bad choice of words confused.gif), please let me know. Cell is 704-516-0740.

Randy Shields

SteveHebert

Thanks Randy and Shawn for the offer, as well as Marty and Jim and Chris K for trying to put things together for me. Chris was the big fish getting this rolling. The board is a great tool to have available and the folks here have become good friends.

Krista and I are back at the house. We went to the ER here first thing and had the total body check up. We are fine they say. Krista has some blood vessels broken in her left calf and it is causing the swelling and pain, but it will subside in the next few weeks.

I will post a ride report with pics over the weekend.

Becareful out there.

Steve... Glad to hear that both of you made it home and checked out OK. That was one heck of a trip you had... no worries however... the next one will be better.

Steve,

Glad you are home safe and somewhat sound.

Let me know if I can help w/Thelma, or any other way.

wave.gif

SteveHebert

Hey guys. Thanks for all the offers and well wishes. I will need some legal help though in the state of WV. If anyone out there is practicing in the state, or has a buddy that wants to help us out, we will be very appreciative.

I will need some legal help though in the state of WV. If anyone out there is practicing in the state, or has a buddy that wants to help us out, we will be very appreciative.

Um, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express... wink.gif

(Sorry, I couldn't resist! smirk.gif )

Archived