IGNORED

Bike Security

Horse

ITV (a national UK TV company) is showing a half-hour programme on bike security

Trails for next week's ITV prog. on bike theft, "Gone in 60 seconds".

Here are the trails for it:

The whole prog. will be put on Youtube too.

Although primarily about bicycle security, you may be surprised about how little resistance some products put up.

In the UK there are two testing regimes accredited by insurance companies - they claim "5 minutes attack resistance". Uh-oh . . .

The best (and usually only) security my bike has is the BMW badge on the tank.

I remember seeing a list of the most stolen bikes once which looked just like a list of the most favoured bikes to race. There is virtually no 'spares' market for Beemers and 'Joy Riders' wouldn't be seen dead on one so the thieves, pro and amateur, are not interested in them.

Andy

The best (and usually only) security my bike has is the BMW badge on the tank.

I remember seeing a list of the most stolen bikes once which looked just like a list of the most favoured bikes to race. There is virtually no 'spares' market for Beemers and 'Joy Riders' wouldn't be seen dead on one so the thieves, pro and amateur, are not interested in them.

Andy

Andy, I think your right however, in the mix is the fact that there's no market for stolen BMW parts. BMW owners don't care to participate in that program.

Mmm, perhaps that's why Harley's get stolen so much. There certianly seems to be no fear of the owner. lmao.gif

ISYHTRAH

Archived