IGNORED

Ducati = The New Harley?

David

Extreme-Ducati-CF-4GB130.jpg

This isn't disgusting--just a little stupid. Who falls for this stuff?

Full Throttle

Gentlemen: start your devices! SanDisk has teamed with world-renowned motorcycle designer, Ducati, to launch the most ambitious set of digital flash memory products to date. Echoing the speed, performance, and styling of Ducati’s legendary, racing-inspired motorcycles, we proudly present the SanDisk Extreme® Ducati Edition. This label is reserved for some of the fastest memory products SanDisk, or the industry, has ever produced. This exclusive, collectible product line will only be available for a limited time, and only from specialized retail establishments. The SanDisk Extreme® Ducati Edition products include:

My co-worker's friend is the Sr Retail Marketing Director for SanDisk, so I suspect she's behind this! tongue.gif

Cool job she has; stressful, and a lot of travel, but cool. Met Casey and Loris at an event, got to sit on their GP bikes, etc. She's been to the last three races. ARGH!!!! She's doing a huge event of some kind around Laguna, involving closing streets down and flying in crew on helicopters. My co worker didn't have all the details. wink.gif

WAH! Why can't my company sponsor a GP team instead of tennis!! That would be MY job then!! smirk.gif Yeah, yeah, I've met Roddick and Agassi, but I want to meet Hayden and Rossi! thumbsup.gif

I can tell her you're "fond" of the campaign... grin.gif

(Long sigh....) confused.gif

I know this isn't much of a comfort, but at least Ducati hasn't yet prostituted its name to be associated with an embarrassingly irrelevant product. The last time I was in a Harley dealership years ago, there were 2 bikes on about 20 square feet, and the rest of the boutique was devoted to Harley Barbies, Monopoly sets, flamed toilet seats, chrome dog collars, "genuine" coffee, and God knows what the F else they were selling. [i looked around and thought to myself - "I don't belong here anymore."] I know, I know, it's a slippery slope, but at least Ducati hasn't completed the dreadful slide all the way down - yet! Ugh, do I hate the "cross marketing" and "synergy" and all the other patently stupid BS execs use to justify this sort of stuff....

-MKL

Actually, Harley had their own line of USB thumbdrives but they had to pull them from the market.

They kept leaking memory.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(oh how I love geek humor)

Actually, Harley had their own line of USB thumbdrives but they had to pull them from the market.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

(oh how I love geek humor)

That's funny!

James Clark
(Long sigh....) confused.gif

I know this isn't much of a comfort, but at least Ducati hasn't yet prostituted its name to be associated with an embarrassingly irrelevant product. The last time I was in a Harley dealership years ago, there were 2 bikes on about 20 square feet, and the rest of the boutique was devoted to Harley Barbies, Monopoly sets, flamed toilet seats, chrome dog collars, "genuine" coffee, and God knows what the F else they were selling. [i looked around and thought to myself - "I don't belong here anymore."] I know, I know, it's a slippery slope, but at least Ducati hasn't completed the dreadful slide all the way down - yet! Ugh, do I hate the "cross marketing" and "synergy" and all the other patently stupid BS execs use to justify this sort of stuff....

-MKL

I'm sorry. Did you say something?

I wonder how long it'll take before someone drills holes in the case to better hear the distinctive Ducati read/write function...

russell_bynum
I wonder how long it'll take before someone drills holes in the case to better hear the distinctive Ducati read/write function...

Loud I/O's save lives!

Ugh, do I hate the "cross marketing" and "synergy" and all the other patently stupid BS execs use to justify this sort of stuff....

-MKL

The truly sad thing is that these odd 'co-branded' items wouldn't be done if there wasn't so much money to be made in them. Just a little paint & some curvy design, some crafty buzzwords, and three or four hundred percent profit is to be had.

Ever seen "Idiocracy"? "It's Got Electrolytes"! lmao.gif

Lets_Play_Two
This can't be a surprise, David. You had to know this was coming when they announced ducati-branded sneakers. It's a strong "high performance" brand.

Last year Tumi luggage and Ducati did a big promotion that sold out. Local Tumi mall store even had a motorcycle in the window....they wouldn't sell it to me!!! Can you imagine not selling me a motorcycle that was in their store window? Really ticked me off.

laugh5.gif

I'm waiting for the BMW edition with the little jugs hanging off the sides. Compatiblity may be an issue however.

SAAB93driver

BMW has a catalog with some useless non related stuff in it too. It called the BMW Lifestyle Collection. You want a leather BMW Passport holder (no, not the radar detector) for $65 or a $25 Teddy Bear wearing a roundel sweater, the list goes on.

I don't see the difference between that and a Ducati CF drive, other than a 4MB CF drive might not end up in the trash as quickly.

Archived