IGNORED

A hearty "Thanks" and props for the site (and FAQ section).

NEOHMark

In the year, or thereabouts, that I've participated here, I have gained an immense amount of info and help from this forum. In the past twelve months, my fellow forum members have/helped me:

- Locate a local company that manufactures and sells peg and handlebar adapters, making my RT much more comfortable for my 6'2" frame.

- Learn how to (somewhat) easily and quickly access the battery to install a tender.

- Significantly improve my cornering skills through a link to an instruction video that simply 'clicked' with me.

- Become familiar with the nuances of the RT/boxer - such as avoiding long idles and the oil-check 'dance'.

- Understand the process of valve adjusting a little better.

- Through a combination of technique and new gear oil, have a gearbox that makes shifting a pleasure - rather than something that is necessarily preceded by a wince.

- Find parts easily online.

- Encouraged me to do my own maintenance.

- Get rid of my bike's slight surging.

- Shim my front seat mounts.

- Worry incessantly about whether or not my input spline needs to be lubed and/or re-aligned (just kidding grin.gif).

This is a great place. And if anyone hasn't gone 'out' to the main section and read through the M/C FAQ section, I highly recommend it. Just yesterday I learned of the seat-shim mod and did it, and it's amazing what a simple little adjustment like that made for comfort.

You guys/girls have helped me fine-tune my RT into a machine that is a true joy to ride. Thanks. You all rawk!

You all rawk!
Is that a good thing?

I thought you were going to finish by saying you had traded for an FJR grin.gif

You all rawk!
Is that a good thing?

I thought you were going to finish by saying you had traded for an FJR grin.gif

Give him time!!!

lmao.giflmao.gif

Whip

And for all you newer folks, don't forget to donate once in awhile. In addition to the all the volunteer hours, there are expenses associated with running the place. It's usually the faithful few who donate regularly, but the larger the group, the more even the load.

Les is more

Thank you Mark!

We hope to begin work on a plan that will make the MC/ FAQs much more helpful.

And thank you David.

I've been bogged down in personal issues but will begin work soon on updating our "Friends" list. In the meantime, thank you very much to those whose generosity is helping to keep the nuts and bolts of the place intact!

And for all you newer folks, don't forget to donate once in awhile.

NEOHMark I share your sentiments. This is an excellent site. I've learned a bunch and benefitted greatly over the last 11 months. In fact this site led directly to me purchasing my first Beemer.

Thanks for the gentle reminder and nudge David. I must admit I'm always a giver before I am a taker, but I ashamed blush.gif to say I've just been riding along here. So I'll make this commitment: next time I'm considering buying a bike-oriented farkle, I'll pass and make a donation here instead.

Slight hijack - is this still a valid PayPal address?

lesismore-AT-pacbell.net (-AT- = @)

Now back to our regular program -

I agree this place RAWKS! thumbsup.gif ... and that's a good thing.

Archived