IGNORED

security

gptyler

Hi all! I am new here and just bought a cherry 2005 RT. I am about to go on my first trip and I am not sure exactly how to secure the bike form theft when in a motel over night. I would like to here what others do or any suggestions. Thanks confused.gif

Paul Mihalka

I traveled many-many-many miles cross-country. I just lock the steering and lock the saddlebags. Never had a problem. I hope I didn't just jinx myself wink.gif . Luckily BMWs are possibly the least stolen motorcycles out there. That doesn't mean it can't happen.

Park next to the Harleys

(running joke where I work,being the lone Beemer rider)

If ya got the room bring a cover for overnight!

Outta site-outta mind!

wave.gif

What's the point. Nothing you ever plan for works out and the things you worry about never happen..That's what insurance is for...Relax.. thumbsup.gif

I bought a cover and either park it in a well lit place, or next to my room. Never had a problem.

If you really feel the need, buy a small lock that fits into the disk brake rotor.

Take a couple of sleeping pills and quit worrying about it.

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Having made several trips to Key West on a HD Dresser, I think the cover idea is the best way. thumbsup.gif One night though, I heard the unmistakable crackle of the tarp material and jumped out of bed (2 AM mind you) to see what was happening.. luckily, it was only a stupid guy that had pulled too close to the bikes and opened his door so far it touched the tarp. What was simply unimaginable to me was.. the bikes were the ONLY thing parked anywhere near where he parked.. all the rest of the parking spaces were empty. dopeslap.giflurker.gif The funniest thing though was my friend.. who slept almost through the whole thing! grin.gif

Hi all! I am new here and just bought a cherry 2005 RT. I am about to go on my first trip and I am not sure exactly how to secure the bike form theft when in a motel over night. I would like to here what others do or any suggestions. Thanks confused.gif

What Paul said. Also, ask if you can park in view of the front desk. This makes the staffer aware of the motorcycle, and makes the bad guy pick an easier target.

Archived