IGNORED

Watched "CHiPs" This weekend

wrestleantares

wrestleantares

I do not think I've seen an episode in 20 years, but this past weekend I watched the pilot.

There was actually some pretty decent motorcycle action. Notably absent from the pilot was the huge pileup that I thought - from my memory - was pretty standard fare.

I enjoyed the show, which surprised me. It had not aged as poorly as I thought it would. If you want a little camp it is a nice 48 minute distraction.

CHiPs the tv show came at a good time in history at least from the aspect of filming a show like that.

There were several roads and a few freeways being built that they could film on without traffic. Hwy 2 that goes through Glendale was one in particular.

Tons of the show is on this fwy (usually with pile ups). If they filmed the show today it would all need to be done "on set" with a green screen as there is not one open spot of clear roadway in the TMZ from the studios anymore!

I happen to own the R1100RTP that was in the movie CHiPs 98. To think Eric Estrada and Larry Wilcox butts were on it. Maybe in 20 years it will have a high dollor value like the Elvis bike.... smirk.gif

Archived